ARGH!New light set up is fucking w/me!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Txweedwoman, Oct 1, 2012.

1. OK need some help,ideas or suggestions here...

Got my new dimmable,HD/HPS 400 watt (was supposed to be 600s but screw up on order)air cooled light set and this puppy is about to burn my tent up! My set up is a 6 x 6 x 6 (roughly little bigger or smaller) panda poly tent in a closet. Was using CFLs but decided to spoil myself and upgrade the light system.

OK my ?s
    1) This thing has 6" openings on each end ...should I pop for 2 - 6" inline duct fans to blow in and out of this set up or do I only need 1?
    2) If only thru 1 end which end is best to set an out take fan at? The end where the bulb screws in or the other side? Got a heavy duty 6" duct fan and 25' of hosing to pull that heat out but which way should I set it up for max. withdrawal of the heat? That 1 400 watt HD bulb turned that tent up to 106 degrees real fast..settled it down to 94 w/fans,my a/c inline duct blower set up and cool mist humidifer ....my 2 400 watt CFLs(and yes they are full daylight spectrum) on their worst day never got over 86!
    3) should I even bother with the HD thru the veg period? My big ass CFLS do a killer job thru the veg period ever my last 5 grows but I will be the 1st to admit they are not the best for the budding stage:(hence the new light set up

My grow isn't started yet as I always set up the lights and pots and such 1st and run them for at least 48 hours to make sure the temps,humidity and etc are going to stay stable thru the grow but these new lights are kinda throwing me on the heat problem! This grow will be 2 LSDs (them bitches don't care ...I think they'd grow in rock in the desert and never notice it..my fav to grow :) 2 Cinderella 99s (new 1 ..been wanting to try this 1 :D and a Flash Babylon auto - freebie so I'll give it a try. I know I have enough CFL power to get thru the veg stage easy but want to try the HD too

Comments,suggestions and ideas are welcome and much appreciated :wave:

2. Minimum get a 400 CFM inline.

I got a 440 CFM off ebay for $75.400+ may be a bit big for a 400w,but really you cant vent your light enough IMO.And if you ever want to add a 2nd 400w or a 600w light it would vent them both together fine as well.My 440 vents my 1000w very well.My hood is cool to the touch.