Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are your parents cool with you smoking the ganja?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iJeax, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Almost exactly my situation, too :)

at 12, out of the fucking blue for no reason, I was told "You can do anything you want, as long as you don't let it interfere with your schooling/mess up your life. So go ahead, drink and smoke pot to your heart's content, I don't care, as long as you get the important things done first."

Those are words from childhood/preteenhood that I'll never forget. And it actually wasn't until after that that I tried smoking marijuana the first time. In my opinion, my parents made a good choice... and because of that, I will feel guilty as hellllll if I ever allow alcohol, marijuana, or any other drug to "take over" my life.

2. I smoke with my family,father mother and brother. :D
    so awesome!

3. My whole family knows that I smoke. I toke with my brother usually about 3-5 times a week. My dad thinks that I am some kind of drug addict, saying I'm an idiot and shit behind my back to my brother, which makes him the largest hippocrit seeing as I found his chillum a few years back. My mom doesn't care and just 5 minutes ago gave me back my papers, thanks mom. If only my dad wasn't a complete asshole.. my family would be awsome. :/

4. Parents both smoke weed but hide it from me. They just recently found out i do it ans they just dont want me to be a big pothead and smoke more weed then i should. But i do :(

5. My mom is cool with it but my dad would flip if he found out

6. My dad and grandmother are fine with it as long as I'm smoking in moderation. My mom on the other hand is against me smoking only because of addiction in the family. I've never felt any sort of addiction to bud

7. My parents don't know I smoke but they'd flip if the found out. They think marijuana's right up there with crack and heroin so there's no chance they'd be cool with it if they found out.

8. I'm an adult and everyone else here should be, too. I don't really care if my family thinks it's cool or not.

9. My mom tells me she's okay with it, but just not to do it too much and don't become a "pot-head". Then when I smoke weed she gets mad. She's needs to give me a straightforward message; even if she says I can't smoke, I'll do it anyway. She might as well let me.

10. As Granny put it, aka Storm Crow, ALL cannabis use is medicinal use even if you don't realize it. So becoming a "pot head" should equal just being a healthier person.

11. My mom and dad are tottaly cool with it, I did so many other unmentionables throughout high school that they know about to the point bud is the least of there concerns.

There actually going to help me get my medical card next year.

12. lawyer that doesn't smoke weed? lulz!

now i've heard it all ........i gotta tell all the boys down at HQ about this post for epic lulz

13. My parents and I match blunts just about everyday haha. But it wasn't always like this, I didn't smoke wiith them untill I was 19. But yeah its awesome.

14. In today's economy, it's really hard for young adults, especially students, to move out without taking out huge loans. So I have to live with my parents, and even though I'm 19, they still have a great deal of control over me, mostly finacially.

15. My parents? Fuck no.

They found out a while back...and shit has been downhill with my relationship with them since.

16. hahaha I totally get you man, at first they were kind of uptight about it, but then after they found out about me smoking but also getting good grades, they didnt have that much of a problem with my smoking habit.

I like to think that I actually dismantled a lot of the stoner stereotype in my parent's eyes. I mean, just think about it, they are used to seeing me sharp and ready and in suit a lot (I study Law) but I also smoke a "drug", its a complete paradox, a total mindfuck. Sometimes people tell me that they get mindfuck when they see me smoking weed in a suit.

If you asked me that, no, he doesnt blaze. But he grew around the plant, so to speak. His friends were obsessed growers in the 80s, some still do today.

17. Same here man, except instead of me rocking a suit too.. I'm really athletic, I play sports, I'm pretty smart. People would never guess I smoke pot it's quite funny haha.

18. Pretty much... I don't like smoking around them really though.

19. My Mom smoked with me a few times. Sadly, she preferred her "Jim Beam", and it killed her.

My Dad declined when I lit up and offered him some nice Californian bud, but commented that my pot smelled a hell of a lot better than the shit my brother was smoking when he visited! lol

Granny

20. my mom just doesn't want me doing it because its illegal. i do get where she's coming from.