Are you?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by sparkdatzoot, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Are you the person you want to be? Not just happy with your life, but in all aspects, are you what you want to be, are things not going to plan, or are there things you are happy you are about. Do you feel satisfied with life as you know it, and why?

I'll go first.

Basically, i feel like i have a relative "easy living" kind of life. I dropped out of college at christmas and hopefully going back to college in september/january up in london to do a music production course. But since xmas ive been bumming about smoking ridiculous amounts of weed, with a basic small part time job. I got a good girlfriend, good friends.

But, i feel like something is missing. I have all the accessories to life i want, but something mass just isnt there, and its killing me.

Your thoughts and stories please :smoking:

2. Have a heavy psychedelic trip on your own and think about your life and meditate and maybe you will find out whats wrong.

3. Yes I am the person I want to be. Yes I am satisfied with life. Heres the thing for me. I have seen and experienced both maximas of the economic and social scale. I feel lucky to have had the opportunities to have done so and through meditation I have accepted life as it is. Things don't always go my way. Actually, things don't usually go my way. But I take life as it is, accept it, learn from mistakes and good decisions. I don't sweat the hard stuff, I rarely hold grudges against people, and I don't really have too much pure jealosy. My personal motto for life is "It is what it is." I feel grateful for what I have and for what I don't have.

Basically long story short, I will always be satisfied with life no matter what happens.

4. there are times when i am completely satisfied. but right now and a majority of the time i am not satisfied and i am not where i want to be. meditation does help, but the things i learn in meditation i dont implemet into life, and i usually cant implement while living the comfortable lifestyle i am living.

5. No I'm not. I'm not where I want to be in life, I'm not who I wanna be. I've lost myself as well as losing others. I want to move away and start somewhat over. You know what i'm sayin?

6. ill never be satisfied, shit went downhill after highschool, but hey thats life. im livin it the best i can, thats all i can do really.

7. finish college and youl feel beter

8. No, I am not. . .

I wanted to be loved unquestioningly, like Kate Winslet's boobs.
    I wanted to be adored and protected , like a national park with several endangered species within it.
    I wanted to be spared all the cruel realizations of life, like Paris Hilton.
    I wanted to be able to support starving children on 24 cents a day. . .

Well, at least I'm no longer self delusional.

I'm just me, and I'm just . . .highhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)

9. i find the problem usually is with people is trying to be someone they are not, as opposed to getting to know themeselves and accepting who they are.

i cant say im 100% happy with my life, but im generally chill about it. with myself i am happy.

10. I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell you, it feels phenomenal!

I think that sums me up pretty well.

11. People are scared of who they really are. Theyre trained to act and behave like different molds of people by society. When you can let go of that, and explore yourself.. thats what its all about. When you can explore your mind and soul like its a vast land, and examine yourself.. then you can begin to feel free

12. No. I've known for a long time now that I need to talk to someone and get a grip on the social anxiety I have. I'm deathly afraid that I'm not going to meet a girl who will accept me for who I am. And I fear that what I do on my time outside of getting inebriated with drinking buddies is simply not interesting enough or compatible with having a girlfriend.:hide:

13. x2

I've felt this way for quite awhile myself. But the least you can do is not worry about it until that girl really arrives.