Are you wasting THC?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Two-Bears, May 17, 2019.

1. Did you know when you smoke a joint you are losing 30-50% of the THC.

A lot is lost in the escaping smoke. More is converted to CBN by the ember being too hot. Recommend you switch to a chillum or one hitter.

2. I need a joint sized one hitter .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Honestly, I would rather waste cannabinoids through a joint over a chillum or one hitter, just because I do not enjoy dugouts/chillums. I mean, you are always going to lose a lot of cannabinoids combusting in any form unless you are vaporizing.

These days I am more into terpenes rather than THC, which is something that is overlooked:)

Welcome to Grasscity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. I wasted my time reading this thread.

Weed is dirt cheap here and top shelf. So if I'm not high enough I just roll another joint.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. ^ He makes it a good point, it's different these days. Not everyone has that type of access but yes generally joints waste a lot of the weed.

6. Weed prices are falling everywhere. Even in Illegal states if they border a legal state it gives the buyer options.

7. I only smoke joints on the go. I get blasted from my bong at home. Bongs are defiantly most effective at cannabinoid intake IMO. And no I don’t waste any THC. I recycle and refine my ashtray and pipe resin to make oil. Nothing goes to waste as the Native America’s said...

• Like Like x 1
  8. 20190521_115651.jpg
    Dammit , I feel really bad , well lest I did for 10 seconds .

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. I usually just vape my stiizy on the go and when I'm at home I pack one hitters from my bong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. If you're worried about that wasting cannabinoids, decarb it, and throw it in capsules. No waste, just highness.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I mean yeah, combustion destroys a fair percentage of THC...it is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LOL. I am a pot pipe maker .
    I make one of the best weed pipes I have ever smoked out of .
    All my pipes are glass , aluminum or brass tubing lined
    I love smoking hash and kief , but when it comes to weed it's all about smoking a joint ..
    I am willing to bet I have a 3 or 4 thousand roaches. 20190521_114247.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. When reefer became legal, I gave all manner of concentrates and tinctures, batteries and..... to friends who came from out of state
    ALL they want are joints.
    Old habits

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. There is something nostalgic even iconic about joints. Even though I do not combust no more- I still welcome a joint once in a while when asked. :)

I always had an impression that brass pipes were dangerous?

15. Weed wasted
    Man those are cold ,cold words .
    But there is the dream, my dream is to have all the weed I wish to smoke .
    I live that dream . 20190523_091749.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. My uncle is this way. I have all types of nice glass and he just likes to roll one up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. #18 norml56, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    I never thought i'd have more herb than I could ever humanly consume but that is how life is now. I don't just find a hidden gram I find a half pint jar full of keif that I forgot about. Piles of parchment paper with sub-par rosin Vape cartridges hall full that have crystallized jar after jar after tupperware full of weed that I'll probably never smoke an will just be made into lotion.
    Found these in a drawer in my wet bar

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Wouldn't let me post pic in previous comment. 20190523_194105.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. If I really wanted to save weed I would vape and make eddibles with the ABV. Neither are as satifying as rolling up a joint.

• Agree Agree x 2