Are you supposed to chop off all the fan leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Madalyneperkin21, Mar 26, 2019.

1. So according to my buddy, he chops off all the fan leaves around week 4 of flower. All the fan leaves and any buds below the top 2ft of the plant. I'm wondering if this actually helps at all or just adds stress to the plant? Anyone ever try this?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. it stresses, it helps. I will defoliate a week before flower, they say you can do it again after week 3 of flip.

I haven’t a little worried about stressing to herm, of course i probably will try it maybe years from now or on my second grow.
    Defoliating fan leaves that are blocking bud sites or causing thick bushage is what some suggest. Not really stripping it clean

if indoors grow some people do cut the lower shaded small growth off sometime during the growing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. yea taking the leaves off a week or two before flowering wont really hurt the plant ,,and taking some off to help get the light down inside the plant dont hurt it either ,,,i guy i know used to strip all the fan leaves off the stem as soon as the bud nodes on the stem started growing ,he used to grow some great weed ,it never hurt his plant ,it's one of these things that if you asked 100 growers you'd get lots of different answers ,,,,mac,

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. couldnt agree more defol to expose bud sites isnt going to stress to herm. i defol all the time and never had a herm. going edward scissors hands is a different story if your a new grower defol fan leaves that block growth tips and you will be fine good luck :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Go on YouTube and search “grand master level defoliate”

He literally removes 99% of the leaves on day 14 of flower and grows some bomb ass weed. After watching all his videos on his training and flushing I’d argue he’s growing better pot then anyone on here.

I just defoliated my flower tent yesterday on day 14. I removed hundreds of leaves from my six plants. And today I literally see no signs of stress and the buds are still getting bigger.

I’ve learned that the people who say not to defoliate “leaves is how the plants gets its energy to grow!!!” Just haven’t even tried the technique.

• Like Like x 2