Are you sick!? Do you hate being sick? Read this!

Discussion in 'General' started by Fachh, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. German scientists hypothesized 60 years ago that viruses and flus infect us through the ear canal and access our body through the middle ear.

This was largely ignored by the scientific community and still is to this day.

Many studies have proven the fact that the micro organisms that make us sick dwell in our middle ears!

Every year I, Larry Li, get sick around November/December.

Not anymore.

For two years now I have put 3% hydrogen peroxide in my ear when I start to feel a sickness oncoming. I put in 2-3 drops and feel the hydrogen peroxide bubble and kill every fuckin germ. I then dry it with a tissue.

Do this.

Feel better.

Thank me with food...so I can sell it and buy more bongs.

2. Freaking interesting man, I gotta try that.

3. Haven\'t they already proven that they can get in virtually anywhere? Not that I don\'t believe what you said, its just that I would want to check it out before I go putting something like that in my ear.

4. haha nice info bro, i will have to give it a try next tmie i feel sick, +rep for the heads up and such

5. How far in your ear do you put it? Does it dry up fast if you get it too far in?

6. wow man, not so sure i wanna put something like that in my ear :p but how bout wearing ear muffs every single day? maybe that\'ll protect you from bacteria :p Or headphones even if you just have to look cool :p

Anyway, interesting theory, but i don\'t see what could stop them in coming through our nose. i know there\'s hairs in there to trap them, but i\'m sure some bacteria manage through. Guess another way is your ass.... XD

7. This is a pretty stupid post... But nevertheless if people want to put chemicals in there ear, go for it.

8. I\'ve been sick for a little less than a week now and it blows. Big time. I went through like 4 diseases in less than 7 days. Sounds like I should try that. But I\'m better now, guess I\'ll just have to wait till next time I get sick.

9. You make it sound like Hydrogen Peroxide is bad for you... it\'s not. You can swish it aorund in your mouth to whiten your teeth, and put it on infected cuts to kill bacteria. It\'s quite useful, in fact.

10. i always put peroxide in my ears, cleans em out, and makes cool bubbly sounds in my head.

11. Yeah, it\'s stupid that a dollar bottle of something will help you stay healthy. God, what was I thinking when I tried this? Now my ear doesn\'t ache and I can hear better. Hope someone gets the sarcasim in the first part.

12. i dont know why everyone thinks hydrogen peroxide is bad for you i mean you can inject yourself with it and be fine. and people put hydrogen peroxide in their ears all the time to clean them. i, in fact, put hydrogen peroxide on a cut i got about a week ago and the bottle is within 10 feet of me so im gonna try it now.

13. Scared me for a sec. Trust me putting anything in your ear can\'t be healthy. Not saying its unhealthy, but its not going to make you heal. Everyone knows you can get sick from anywhere. Maybe this can stop ear infections... Thats it.

14. i have a problem with ear wax building up to the point where I become deaf (and yes it has happened many times, i cannot hear anything). i go to the doctor and they blast the shit with hydrogen peroxide. destroys bacteria and ear wax, and it feels good afterwards too. kinda like you have the hearing of a dog. its weird...

15. hydrogen peroxide in the ear was okay\'d by my family doctor

it will not hurt you...especially the 3% peroxide at the store

16. this is a pretty strange idea, to not get sick by doing that, but people knocking on fachh because of the fact that it\'s hydrogen peroxide...how foolish! in junior high i started having ear wax problems, so my doc gave me this prescription cleaner.

after a month of that it was all good, and he told me to use hydrogen peroxide to just clean them out every day, or every day that i remembered. i\'m 23 now and have been doing it for years. there\'s nothing harmful about putting hydrogen peroxide in your ears.

17. Awwww fuck man! now my OCD has me thinking i have a worm in my ear, thanx lol

18. Do you tilt your head and pour a little hydrogen peroxide in your ear so it goes deep in your ear? Or do you only put a little on the outside of your ear?

19. nobody\'s answered about how to actually do this, so:

what i do is take the cap off the bottle and fill it up about halfway or so, doesn\'t have to be accurate.

tilt your head to the side so your ear is lying flat, completely horizontal.

pour the hydrogen peroxide into your ear canal, so that it actually fills it up. do you ever get water in your ears when you\'re swimming by swimming on your back? that\'s what it\'s going to feel like.

let it sit in there for a while. you can feel it bubbling (that means it\'s reacting to kill the germs in your ear, just like when you pour it on a cut) and it might tickle a bit.

i try to keep it in until the bubbling stops.

then tilt your head back over a sink and let it drain out. if you have ear wax problems like i sometimes do you might feel like the stuff is stuck in your ear. no big deal. you can let it just come out naturally, which is what i do--i\'ll do it right before i go to sleep so i don\'t have to worry about, or you can get a q-tip and stick it in there. if you do this, be careful. don\'t just jam it in. slowly put it in by twisting it. you have to stick it pretty far back to cause any damage, but you\'d also have to be jamming it hard to cause damage.

most doctors would discourage you from sticking a q-tip into your ear. however i was shown how to do it safely, because i have to do it. basically, go very slowly. if something happens to hurt, then stop doing it.

20. Erm.... pardon? Gargling with abrasive chemicals?

I think I should make this a bit clearer: Hydrogen peroxide is a harsh antibacterial agent, and should not be used internally ever. Ingestion can be deadly. It is sometimes used as an emetic (a substance which induces vomiting) in vetinary practice, which should tell you something. Anything above 3% hydrogen peroxide is likely to cause burns.

It is present in some toothpastes, in very small doses, and when mixed with specific other chemicals, but one should never mouthwash with it, this is a ridiculous and very dangerous idea. If it can strip all the colour from your hair, imagine what it can do to your insides....and for the record, despite what any two-bob piercer may have told you, it isn\'t appropriate for healing piercing wounds, either.

I genuinely cannot believe I have just read this.......this site gets worse and worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.