Are you ready to die?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by animalsatejeff, Dec 15, 2009.

1. at any moment, are you prepared for your life to end for whatever reason?

if a man busted into your place and shoved a pistol to your forehead, would you have your last words all ready? would you fear what comes next?

if LSD has helped me with anything, it's that i no longer fear death, eternity, or anything of the matter. it's a wonderful thing to know, and makes living my life twice as amazing.

2. thread's pointless, until the last paragraph, maybe OP, you should edit the thread title to include how LSD relates to the subject in the title.

3. i'm not afraid of death. psychedelics didn't do that for me either, psychedelics have made me actually really curious about what the end feels like.

4. there is more to a thread than just the first post. it won't be pointless once other people add their thoughts and opinions on it. especially to me. i will go into details about how it relates to LSD or entheogens once there are people interested in having a conversation about it. you don't seem to be one of those people.

5. I don't fear death in the slightest. I used to. But now I know, the true meaning of life is to live it up while you're here, not to worry about the end and where you're going and which god is real.

I don't worry about that kind of shit. Ever.

6. i grew up in a christian home, so i was always afraid of it as a kid. LSD sparked the curiosity for me, like yourself, which lead to the loss of fear. i'm sure everyone knows that death is inevitable, but considering the massive plague of materialism in this country, i doubt many actually dwell on the fact that their days are ultimately numbered, and they can't control a damned thing. i would guess that death is ignored much more often than it is pondered/considered.

7. i dont want to die, but if/when its my time im all set to go. im interested to see what comes next. while my times with lsd werent the reason im fine with death, like light green, they really helped make me curious to see. now im not gonna look or try to die as i know there are still many great times to be had on this plane of existence.

what im am afraid of is a long drawn out death. like laying in a hospital bed on life support, or dealing with a debilitating disease thats always fatal. not the physical pain of it, but my mind lingering on and on and on.. thatd be horrible

8. Man ive been in that situation (Having a gun to your head) a couple of times, and ive been through some other shit too. if it happened again i would say "Fuck yaself" before getting shot. No beggin. Not even a question asked. Cause thats what they would want, and imo, i would rather be shot than give my attacker what they want.

9. LSD did the exact opposite for me. If I died right now, I'd be mad that I never got the opporitunity to spread the love of psychedelics around to more people, and experience further depths of my mind that I'd never experienced before.

10. I am totally and completely afraid of death.

I don't believe there is anything after life, so losing the one life that I have too soon is a very real fear for me.

I want to spend as much time as I can on this earth with the people I love, so I'd say that death pretty much scares the shit out of me.

Not only mine, but the deaths of people I love, too. That scares me even more.
    The thought of never being able to see someone I love again, the thought of them never being able to laugh or smile or experience life in any way ever again... Yeah, it totally scares me. :hide:

11. those are the kind of people who die young, no offence of course.

Personally, i am not afraid of death, its a part of life.

12. I dont fear death i welcome death.

It is the things one never does before death that initiates fear.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live life so well that death with tremble to take us.

13. Wait, so I'm gonna die young because I'm afraid of death?! :poke:

That sounds like a pretty shitty conundrum there. ;)

I do accept that death is a natural part of life, and eventually I will die along with everyone I know.

But I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm not afraid of it. This life is the only life I have, damn right I'm afraid it's going to end early. I want to live as much of it as I can! :p

14. lol yeah pretty much, i was just kinda quoting sienfeld when George and Kramer have there talks, god i love sienfeld.

Same here, i dont wanna die young, but i am willing to accept it if it happens. The only part of death that i am afaid of is the pain. People say pain is just an illusion but i just dont know after i broke my arm.

15. The pain scares me a bit, but the main part that I'm afraid of is just losing what I have.

In my opinion, I'm pretty lucky to lead the life I live. I love my husband, my family, and my friends, and I cherish every moment I get to spend with them.

It scares me to think of not being able to live those moments anymore. I want to spend all the time I can with my husband, so the thought of that time being cut-short is very scary to me.

16. i definately know where your coming from, i wanna hang out with my friends, love my family and all that. I wanna die when im 90 and have nothing to live for anymore.

If i do die when im atleast 30 years younger than that though, im not gunna try and fight it. Going to try and go as calmy as i can, so i wont become an evil spirit!

17. i want to go at a late age like that as well because I would like to live off nice retirement checks without a worry

18. ah yes, livin the dream all right!

19. i dont think anyone is ready to die. i've spent hours high and during trips, convinced that i'm ready to go at anytime, well...i was wrong. i was jogging through this huge state park up here in minnesota one evening, literally bum-fuck nowhere. As i'm jogging along i turn the corner and am confronted with this very large pit-pull staring at me. this dog soon starts to just go insane, snarling/barking and i know i have no chance in the world getting away. let me tell you, that feeling was the worst feeling i've ever felt, just pure fear and knowing that there is nothing you can do to change the situation. luckily for me the dogs owner comes running up after a solid minute of staring at this angry ass dog, and she simply smiled, apologized and kept on walking, completely unaware of the terror she caused me.

20. I dont have much going for me know I guess a lot of people would be depressed in my situation. (cant get a fuckin job, LONLEY, addicted, the only girl i ever loved is leaving)

But am I ready to die? FUCKIN FUCK NO. Instead im gonna turn my life around. I just signed up for school, gettin a part time job should be easier now that im a college student and not a HS dropout. Im so young theres so much life ahead of me. I wanna meet a girl that I love and travel the world with her./ also with my brother. Gonna work on getting a license.

If I died right now it would be such a waste of an awasome future so no way im not ready to die , yeah sometimes im might get down on my self and mabye say "i feel like dying" but thats just a whole different thing. life is what you make it

edit by the way all the awasome ladies on gc made me realize there is someone out there for me I guess im just a big fish in a small pond. so thank you gals of gc for giving me hope of love.