Are You Having Issues with Posting Pictures?

Discussion in 'General' started by RMJL, Nov 18, 2022.

?

Are you having issues with posting pictures?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Sometimes

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ill take one of those :ey:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I’m getting the same message that @Jay_R_1787 posted earlier.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. #23 Digger, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    Ok i have a particular gremlin with some of my saved cropped shots not uploading, even though the file size is only 2.8MB.

Saving that original cropped pic again does not work, but I've found a hack that's working for me with this gremlin.

All i do is resize down that original file, even though it was originally cropped at a size of 2.8MB.

I resize down 10% to 90%.
    IMG_20221119_115232.jpg

Taking screenshots work,
    Screenshot_20221119-123138_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20221119-123154_Photos.jpg

And i haven't had a problem posting these resized shots today,
    IMG_20221119_121725.jpg IMG_20221119_121754.jpg

On a side note there are some gifs that'll display that upload error, but things seem to be working ok 99% of the time for Digga.
    Dinkum-Aussie-Icons-Swaggy-Koala-character-Mascot.jpg

Screenshot_20221119-124339_Settings.jpg

Using Samsung tablet on GC browser and this photo editing app.

Ps. @Hybrid Civilian
    Screenshot_20220518-071203_Chrome~3.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. That's great for computer savy folks @Digga. I need things a bit simpler. I'm sure the computer wizards here will figure it out.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I have an “I voted” sticker from a few weeks back that I’d post a pic of for this thread but........

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I dont like computers they give me anxiety TimJ but my skills with tech are mostly on a level of 101 to 102:bolt:.

Just for my photography:thumbsup:...

• Like Like x 7
  7. Issues with certain photos for me as well.

• Like Like x 5
  8. It's a game of luck for me now... I can upload certain pictures with no poblems others I get the error message lol
    AcademicMeanAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif

• Like Like x 6
  9. Get an error message with about 30% of my uploads. Cropping or resizing the photos has worked for the most part, but it is a huge pain

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Sometimes Yea I Do. Lately I Try To Post A Pic Innat Favorite Animal Thread Isa No Go But When I Try Postin My New Outfits It Let Me.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 4
  11. I had a hard time posting gifs too
    I’ll try again …
    Nope. Not from my phone

• Like Like x 4
  12. Yes ma'am. Much difficulty. Troubling man. Must smoke. Please fix my gifs. Thank you.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  13. i use an iPhone X and i have option of changing the size of my image before i upload. my target size is always ~1mb. i've found this size maintains good quality yet uploads quickly and without fail 100% of the time. an added bonus is that pages with multiple images load very quickly when sized in the ~1mb range. otherwise i often clock while downloading pages loaded with ~2mb > sized images. but that's on me and my inet connection. bigger inet pipes it's probably not an issue.

In short try to resize images to ~1mb~2mb and see if that helps. Android likely has a similar feature.

hth's!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I'm not sure why anyone would ask for a poll when I've seen a dozen people mention it.. but yes.. at least half the time you cannot post photos.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I resize my pics through an outdated version of Photoshop and have to tinker with the settings (1500 > 1250 > 1000 horizontal) with no consistent pattern for when the error happens; using Opera browser on Win 10.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. from my Mexican vacation

upload_2022-11-29_0-27-0.jpeg

it worked.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Using google chrome I still have a 50/50 chance of a picture uploading. File size under 1mb sometimes doesn't work either. I've actually had to increase the photo size a few times and then it worked.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I rarely get on here from my phone so I’ve only tried from this pad. I dont even know what res this thing shoots at. I’m 15 years behind this stuff anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  19. If you get an error trying to upoad, try copy pasting if you are on PC.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I'm sure they are working on this. But, I never had a problem using the Upload a File option until the last 2-3 weeks. File size has never been an issue for me before. I thought maybe it was just me and something on my end. But, I don't have issues with uploading photos anywhere else. As far as the copy-n-paste option. It's a PIA using a google chromebook and just not worth all the effort to me.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.