Are you happy with how your life has turned out so far?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by StarLitSky, Mar 8, 2017.

?

Are you happy with your life so far?

1. Totally happy

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. ...uh, can I get a redo?

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. It's F'ing complicated.

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. What is happiness? I have so many challenges in life that you would think would bring a person down. But I think I'd be unhappy if I had no challenges, achieved everything and had nothing to prove to myself

I haven't lived what many would consider a happy life but happiness for me is overcoming the next challenge good or bad

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Man thats a quote from half baked how can you not appreciate it

3. What is Half Baked? Either way, I feel like I'm in a boys locker room. Not very inviting for females.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. A movie from 1998 you should watch it. This is a forum on the internet the majority of the members are probably guys. Why does it matter if it's inviting to females its not like you're gonna meet them in real life.

5. Not sure what to say about that except it's telling of your personality. At least you look like your trying to be a descent human with your avatar.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Whatever man your over here complaining about shit that doesn't even matter and then going to judge me for telling you why it doesn't matter. Do you want this forum to be a safe space? Should they make a rule for us not to be able to quote lines from movies?

7. Did someone on this forum not know what 'Half Baked' was
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. There's millions of other people in a same boat my friend. We all have our own unique difficulties that want to bring us down.

Embrace the challenge. Look at useful NLP techniques for happiness, read 'the game' by Neill Strauss and you'll get sex, read biographies about people who inspire you, read books on how to be successful, play the part of and dress to be the person you want to be, you'll find work and when you do work at it, have goals short and long term. All those things help to build self esteem and belief and when you believe in yourself you can achieve anything

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm not happy with how my life has turned out so far. I've wasted so much time. So much fucking time. I stayed home and played videogames when I should have been out living. And then I started smoking weed at 18. I loved it. I was still wasting time though. I've wasted so much of my life. So much of my fucking life. No regrets though. I can't waste time regretting past mistakes. I gotta get out and live. I gotta learn to love living. I'm not happy. I get little pleasure from doing things. I'm forced into a sober lifestyle by my current situation. I got a rash. I feel like I'm about to turn a page though. I have to turn a fucking page. Living like this is killing my spirit.

I just want to give a shit again. But this time I want to give a shit and do something about it...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. My life has just started to turn around for the better. For the longest time now, I noticed I always got the short end of the stick in every situation. I'm always the one who gets flamed in the group of buds, I'm always the one who gets bad luck. I was always pissed, every single day. It got to a point where I just wanted to fall asleep and not wake up for a while. I didn't feel confident, I had a low self esteem, and the only thing that was keeping me going was my good grades.

But on the flip side. Right now, things are improving a lot. I wake up early and determined nowadays. I tackle my days work with confidence and pride. I find myself finishing a lot more work in a shorter amount of time. In fact, I finished my whole weeks of work on Monday, so today and tomorrow I can just chill out with minimal work. Hopefully things stay this way. For now, I am just going to keep my head up and improve myself.

Good luck to anybody going through rough times. I've been there and I just want you to know that, it really does get better. You got this, cheers!

• Like Like x 5
  11. My life isn't perfect, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Got married at 19 to my high school sweet heart
    Dropped out of college to work full time so hubby could focus on school
    Hubby flunked out, I had debts couldn't go back
    Got pregnant at 24
    Became a stay at home mom
    Divorced at 27
    Started dating a good friend
    Had a baby at 29
    Boyfriend is supporting me to go back to school this fall.
    we aren't loaded but we have everything we need
    He is my best friend and we challenge each other to become better versions of ourselves.

So am I happy? Yes I am.I have a lot in my life to be happy about.

• Like Like x 5
  12. I'm pretty content. Seems like it never gets easier though. Like the movies.

13. I'm happy with the direction my life is headed now, and pretty sure that a lot of negative things (or not necessarily negative but perceived that way) happened in order to teach valuable lessons and make me stronger. Like that Steve Miller song, "got to go to hell before you get to heaven."

Lesson I'm learning now: is live your life how you choose, without having the need to tell others that is how they should live. Also, listen to others but do not live according to their standards, ideas, views, etc. This includes any external 'authority' government, school system, parents, etc. YOU are the highest authority in your life

Resist nothing when it occurs to you, perceived positive or negative-> try not to self-medicate or hide in comfort zone when challenges occur, instead lean into the challenge and become stronger . ..

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. If I was completely satisfied with my life I wouldn't be on this thread or browsing Reddit for discussions on jumping ship when you're engaged and with three kids.

15. Fukien wut m8? There's your pillow fight.

Feminism - spacefem.com

• Like Like x 1
  16. Working every day to turn that no into a yes. If I ever give up that fight kill me. Lots of shit happens but at the end of the day there's only one person responsible for how my life is going.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Is this femibait?

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. nope. my own fault though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Its extremely difficult and i get depressed time to time, but i wouldn't trade it for the world. The good moments outshine the bad.

• Agree Agree x 1