Are you happier now that you smoke marijuana?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Murr, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Personally, I would have to say no. I don't know how large an effect it has caused, but I have noticed my general thought process is different since about when I got into marijuana.

I feel like a hippie saying this, but in many ways I feel more able to understand all sides of an issue; no more personal bias. I may not know specifically how something works, but I know everything works for some specific reasons, and that is what bothers me. There is no more wonder in the world, and I think I find it depressing.

2. "Are you happier now that you smoke marijuana?" murr

{{paranoia mode ON}}

now when i see new commers like that that ask a fundamental question like that, i cannot help but think that this is a gov paiid dude testing out ideas and ideals, to see what would work best at propaganda.
    you advance both argument for and against a certain point of propaganda, to see what the reponses of the will be, in order to sharpen the propaganda.
    {{paranoia mode off}}

this paranoia is due to some of /my arguements/ being directly quoted in a gov's propaganda tool. I know it's done, i've lived it.

note: it is very well known that governements know about forums, newsgroups etc, it is well know they use it as a propaganda tool, and a research too for propaganda.

+++++++++

anyway to answer your question, newcomer,

"Are you happier now that you smoke marijuana?"

NO. i am not wiser, i am not bumbier, i am not more aware, i am not less aware.

I'm in a different state of mind. like the following different states of mind :

sleeping
    mediatating
    doing homework
    playing videogame
    watching TV (the one state if mind the governement want me to be in all the time)

BUT

i can't help but notice that in most cases (meaning in ALL smokers i know) the state of mind induced by the use marijuana tends to shield a user from the mind
    altering technics imposed upon us by the Gov/media/marketing/advertisment
    overlords.

That of course they don't like.

but hey, overlords, don't worry, we know you are developping new technics to
    aloter our minds, and guess what? so do we.

++++++++++++

msg to murr: wether or not you are a minion from one of these overlord, i
    welcome you to the city, but i must warn you: you may very well find truth within
    these forums...

"i didn't sayt it was gonna be easy, i only said it would be the truth"

3. Rest assured I'm not a government overlord/minion.

It might just be a natural thing, my Dad didn't smoke and he kinda alluded he went through the same thing. Learning how the world works? I dunno.

4. so you say..

{{mode paranoia OFF}}

anyway.
    no marijuana didnot help me be happier.

marijuana helped me ge to a different state of mind.

within that state of mind, i can be happier on saddier.

BUT

once I have felt that state of mind, I am a little more aware of things, in this
    sense very precisly: i have one extra state of mind to look at things.
    a state of mind that is prohibited by law, under the propaganda we're all fighting
    against.

in my very own personal experience, it f the first access to that state of mind was an awakening ; then once accustomed to that state of mind. reaching it without the help of marijuana, is a second awakening one that reallllllly transforms you deeply.

but marijuana has nothing to do with it: it helped me reach it, but is not absolutely necessary.

===

PLEASE NOTE:
    that state of mind you are in when stoned CAN be reached without marijuana, I recommend very much that you try from time to time to do so on your own.
    i recommend that you try, because tring in itself is a wonderfull experience
    (moogle ...wink ...)

5. Yea. When i first started smoking, i felt the need to always get high, before i did anything. Now, i try to incorporate things or ideas into my daily life. And i feel much more at peace and not cought up in the trivial bullshit of everyday life.

I think it has made me happier, it has introduced me to so many cool people i never would have met if i was buying into the govt lies about it. The experences and fuzzy memories i have are priceless. The ideas and things i have figured out while high i am not so sure i would have done so without being high. So in that aspect, i feel it has made me happier, or atleast a better person.

6. Hmmm, good question!

I started doing weed because I wanted to get away from the situation I was in at the time. It didn't help that situation at all, it only made it worse.

But on the other hand, it opened me up to the world. Before I smoked I was very closed minded, but it opened my up to a whole new mindset and since then I've learned so so much. Has it made me happier? or sadder? I'd have to say neither, even though when I was doing weed I was constantly depressed, but I was depressed before I started smoking anyway. It fixed my depression at first, but then it came back even worse than before. So all in all, it opened me up and I became aware of the world around me.

7. it has little to do with my happieness, i see it more as a teacher drug than for happieness, it has shown me my self and i love it for it, my life is too messed up for it to make me happier, i just brood on it slightly less

8. it has made my life better, not happier tho basically

9. i've done it, and my friends think i'm crazy, and i just might be, but it's still grand. I support the alternate state of mind theory fully. I feel that I've become somewhat detached from the world, yet attached in a totally different way than i ever was before. I've become another limb of the universal body. it's good. :)

10. partly achieved this once, it was rahter mental and freaked me out a bit as i wasnt necessarlily trying to achieve tihs :) much research going on in my life at the moment

you are a great mentor, so encouraging :)

11. yes, pot makes me happy. when I smoke I'm so happy and I get really creative and make art and feel more confident about myself, higher self esteem, more laughter, life is happier in general. :p

12. im going thru depression right now..i dont understand how someone could make it through life like this??it took so much for me to get out of bed and make it to the shower and siting in the shower crying and not knowing what for..ive never felt this way ever in my life.

13. hang in there ryan. i've been on antidepressants for 6 years, it takes a while to find the right meds and dose to make you feel better. Prozac and pot have given me the will to live.

14. When I get high, I'm much more relaxed, carefree...everything just goes more smoothly and life doesn't seem so serious and ugly. It helps me be more outgoing with new people and I'm much more easygoing when I'm stoned.
    Although I do think it has made me a much happier person because before I started to smoke on a regular basis, I would usually be stressed out/annoyed/depressed for the majority of the time (and on fucking antidepressants and shit). Now that I smoke on a daily basis, I find that I rarely slip into such a negative outlook. I smile and laugh a lot more when I'm high. Everything's just more beautiful and interesting when I'm stoned.

15. I think it makes other people happier when im high because im not near as bitchy