Are you going to vote?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tray Dub, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Not who for, but just are you gonna?

2. Most likely not, i dont think voting for the lesser of two evils is really a good thing to do for me

no vote.

-BW

3. Whats the point? We use an electoral college meaning my vote (and yours) is pointless....

4. no, because some day within the next presidents term i might very well move out of the USA. then again, i might not. but im still not voting, id like to see obama though, for what its worth.

5. Only cause it'll also be for marijuana decriminalization in my state.

6. Ya I know Electoral college is rediculous... Its not an actual popular vote......... LAME

7. I reject our political system, I won't touch that stinky heaping pile of shit with a 10 foot pole.

8. I don't want this turning into a political discussion, but yeah the electoral college is pretty whack. I'd like to see district by district voting, that way the Republicans in the eastern part of my state could have a say in the election. That would also avoid the problems that come with the popular vote system. A modified electoral college FTW.

Also, if you're in one of the following states: VA, OH, FL, IN, MO, WV, PA, CO, NV, NM, PA, NC, MA, MI, GA, WI, and MN, your vote will matter. So it might be worth it if you care either way. Also there are close congressional in a lot of places, so that might be worth checking into.

If you don't have any opinion, I don't see why someone would vote. The "Rock the Vote" efforts are well-intentioned, but I don't want people who don't give a shit at all voting just because they'll get a t-shirt. But if you do have an opinion either way, I say go for it.

9. nah, now if Ron Paul was running, it would be a different story...

10. Yes, for Obama, and more importantly, for Merkley.

11. Iv never voted before, im registered to vote in NY. But when i set it up i set it up with westchester as my voting place. But now im on LI what should I do?

12. Hell nah. I forgot to register anyways.

13. Go to an Obama or McCain field office and ask if they can help. I'm not sure who in the government exactly you should go see, you might get some help on NY's website or you could just go to city hall and ask for help. I think you can vote even if the address comes up wrong on the computers, but you never know.

14. All you people bitching about the political system and not voting because of it.... You do know that that is the absolute only way you are going to see any change at all. And then most of you just seem too damned lazy or nonchalant to even give a fuck.... It's a little unsettling to see how many of you are not going to vote.

It's one of the few rights that we still have as an American and even if you don't believe your vote counts..... Trust me, it does. This country is in a time of crisis and each and every vote is important.... But piss it away by not using it if you want.... Give up the right that was so hard fought for almost 250 years ago.

15. nope not going to vote since I can't

16. :confused::confused:

17. I hope you're a felon.

18. As far as state issues go, I have a vote for each Colorado Amendment.

As far as the Presidentials.... count me out.