Are you going to donate for the new forum server?

Discussion in 'General' started by thomasman, Apr 8, 2009.

1. #1 thomasman, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    Honestly, will you donate?

I personally will try to if i can, i want to. Just gota get my finances in order to be able to donate.

Just thought i'd make a thread since their are a gajillion people that are on these forums. lol.
    this thread is a fail tho.

EDIT: The last date is in July. So that's like what, 4 months?

So it's really, in the next 4 months, will//would you be donating to these great forums that we all come together and talk about the greatest thing known to man kind that can socially bring us all together and have a good time. xP

I love weed man.

I personally think everyone should donate a little something...even if it's a buck for .50 cents.
    Members: 136,077, Active Members: 43,327 [number does vary with actual regular members & such] -> if everyone donated like 1$; not even a dollar the 17 grand could be hit easily.

GC is a great place.

2. #2 justineBTC, Apr 8, 2009
    yeah as soon as i learn how to read dutch...

edit** ooh, that sounds bad! i don't mean it like, yeah when pigs can fly. rather, when i figure out what information goes where because that paypal page is all in dutch n sheeit.

3. unfortunately..my donations extend to helping people out..so my funds for this have already been allocated.

can we donate sperm for GC???????????? :D

4. HAHAHAH, you would ;)

5. Really? Someone should tell (or ask) SuperJoint if he can possibly have it translated so he can get some donations from us in the US. :wave:

6. I notice the page says "always know the forums will always be free of charge or membership fees."

So I bet there will be member fees when it converts.

There will be a huge loss in Blades if thats true, alot of us come on here cuz we are poor and still want to talk MJ.

7. Yea i'll probably throw $10 or $20, Gotta wait till i get home, aint got no credit card on me right now and it wont let me log on to paypal, for some reason it wont recognize my password.

We all use this sight and most DO NOT BUY SHIT here, so i feel everyone should kick a little whether it be a dollar or whatever.

8. I think that means the opposite of what you just said. I dont see how anyone would pay a membership fee for a forum.

9. Honestly, I had to put no, simply because I have no money what-so-ever to donate. :/

10. well remember, last day of donations is in 4 months. xD u have 4 months biatchh. :p jp

i agree though, i really don't think people buy much stuff from the gc shop... if they had better products && prices i honestly would && i'd stop going other places.

11. are you high or what? hahaha. you just said:

1) i notice it says the forum will always be free of membership fees.
    2) i bet there will be member fees.

12. ahaha that's funny

Anyways gc isn't gonna charge any fees.

I would donate, but the page is paypal, and paypal sucks soooo. I can't donate.

13. i'd like to help out, but im broke at the moment

(even in debt with my dealer for $15 lol)

we'll see what happens though, i can get a few bucks to spare ^___^

14. I've really come to love this forum, so I will happily donate if we can get an English version, or English included on that version :)

15. No dude, the quote contradicts itself.

The thing on my page says the following:

"Hi foxracing500r,Please help us out with making a small donation to buy the new forum server. This will help the community in the coming year to grow. I appreciate your help in any kind of contribution you can make. But remember, whatever you decide to do, always know the forums will always be free of charge or membership fees. PeaceSuperjoint - webmaster grasscity.com"

See?

16. Its free of "charge or membership fees". This is what it is free from. Welcome to the English language.

17. I was always under the impression that a Charge is a membership fee but W/E:smoking:

18. no, don't think i can. no way for me to over the net?

19. #19 justineBTC, Apr 8, 2009
    um, no. hahahaha, i really do not see.

it means that it will be free of charge AND it will be free of membership fees. like, if you said "i am not a fan of ice cream or cookies" it would mean that you do not like ice cream AND you do not like cookies.

see how that works?

20. I would if I could, unfortunately I'm only working part time right now.

I'm working at a job where I should be making 30-40 grand a year but am only making about 15 before taxes.

I'm being taken advantage of, but at the same time I'm in my position out of dumb luck. Good experience and a bad economy is the only reason I'm still there.

Next job I get I'll be sure to donate 10 or 20 bucks, but unfortunately it'll probably be after they buy a new server that I get a new job.