Are You Ever Paranoid Smoking In Public?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by smilebruhh, Apr 25, 2014.

1. I went from going so far out of my way to hide back in high school to now almost everyday going on a ride on my cruiser board smoking a j. I live in Cali so it's pretty normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I don't care haha so long as there aren't any kids around I smoke like its normal. Which it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah, the paranoia can be killer sometimes. I dont smoke and drive anymore mainly for that reason.

4. Nah, I don't give a flying fuck.

5. I was just like some of u. I went to so much trouble to hide everything about pot then one day just started acting like it was legal where I was. I lived n a very strict place for a long time. Now I smoke anywhere and don't sweat it. Cops r the one thing that instantly makes me like ok gotta get outta this area. I live n co now but it's still a no no to b high as hell n drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Don't give a fuck anymore I enjoy smoking outside way I see it anyone bothered that's there problem used to be paranoid as fuck when I was younger but noticed so many other people smoking in public not giving a shit

7. In the city- I literally have a blunt lit every time I step outside. Cops don't give a shit at all.

Visiting people in the Suburbs- Nope.

8. Only care if I'm stationary really.

As for my boldness, wrap a eight into a cone( raw wraps) and cheif of of it while biking on the main Street during business, uni, and college lunch break. Not even trying to hide it just a big obnoxious cone sticking out of my face. Even asking if people want a drag too while I wait for the street lights change.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. In Canada if your white you really never have much hassle from the cops

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sometimes I prefer smoking in public. I don't really care.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #51 justsomejohn, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Post Removed

12. No, no one really cares here in california.
    The cops were walking around my budman's apartment complex yesterday while we were smoking on his porch and they didn't bat an eyelash.

13. Damn I was just there for a few days last month. I love manitou springs! Such a nice humble place with ome nice dispensary weed:smiley-rolling-joint:

14. Since I was living on campus last year I had to smoke at least "semi-publically" 90% of the time. I'm always paranoid, even more so when I smoke in public. Was usually chill because the spots I would go to were where other people would go to smoke, so you'd sometimes just have 5-6 people spread out among the area puffing on a variety of things. That being said I have had 3 run ins with police, though nothing much has come out of any them because my paranoia has saved my ass two of the times. All 3 times happened the same semester around the same place. First time I was actually smoking a rolled cig, so nothing came out of that not even a tobacco warning(no-smoking campus). Second time I had just sparked a joint and has I was sparking it a cop drove around the corner. Just my luck right? Well I was luck and to get to me he had to park and walk around a corner, which broke his line of site to me long enough for me to eat my entire joint. When he got over to me he searched me and the surrounding area but no evidence no crime¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Third time I was taking a quick joint at my usual spot. Cops patrol the area regularly, but I'd seen them enough times to know they normally came around 9-9:30, 11, and 1am. Well it was about 10ish and I was about 3/4 through with my joint when I saw, for the briefest second, the flash of a light in the dark wooded area past the street lights where I was. It happened so fast I thought I might have imagined it, but it sketched me out and my gut told me it was time to leave. Gut was right. I got about 20 feet before I turned back and saw an officer step out of the shadows and into the streetlights:cop:. Worst yet, he's staring straight at me. Even worst, I have a RAW metal box in my pocket with 2 rolled cigs and another joint. Well I'm going one way, back towards my dorm, and I hope he'll go the other way, back to his car. No such luck. I finish my joint while walking and toss it in the trash, not long after he calls out to me and tells me to stop walking. He catches up to me and starts going in about if there was anything I wanted to talk about, and that it smelled heavily of pot down by where I was. "No officer, nothing to talk about, just smoking a cig." He didn't buy it. He's still going on trying to get me to confess that I was smoking weed, and at this point I'm more worried about the joint in my pocket than I am about the joint in my lungs. He asks me to empty my pockets and sees the tin of course. At that point I figure fuck it it's go big or go home, so I just open the tin and pull out one of the cigs and give it to him. "See? Cigarette," I told him, trying to muster up as much confidence and convincabilty to my words as possible. He looks at it, and then he smells it, and then gIves it back. He thankfully does not check the rest of the box. He tells me he knows RAW is a popular brand of papers to smoke cannabis with, to which I just said they're also popular to smoke tobacco with, since that's what they're legally made for ;). He says he still doesn't believe me and knows that I was smoking pot, but all he does is hit me with a tobacco warning(does nothing) and tells me to make better choices. I'm like whatever and hightail it out of there, thanking my lucky stars he didn't look in that box. I ended up smoking that joint in the spot the spot where I got caught the second time later that night:love-m3j:

TL;DR: if out in public, always have an eye and ear out. Be smart, keep cool, and have confidence if stopped by police. Always be respectful, even if the cop is an idiot.

15. Wouldn't cig filters filter out most of the weed

16. Definitely don't get paranoid, but I often wonder what a mother and child would think if they saw me and the homies just chilling ripping bongs by the water.

Not really scared of law enforcement or anything busting me for that around here though, they are pretty reasonable around these parts xD

17. When you first start as a teen it usually occurs but as you get older just sometimes cautious that's about it, then again its only weed who gives a fuck. If people are ignorant that's their problem just walk your own path and enjoy your peace.

18. i grew up in the bay area, so no