Are you close with your siblings?

Discussion in 'General' started by Subliminal Jazz, Mar 24, 2013.

1. what's up blades :) hope everyone's having a good saturday. bout to spark this kief bowl and relax after a nice hike in this arizona desert.

i just saw my sister the other day, i was at my moms house helping her paint, she came to visit with my nephew. haven't seen her in about two months. was very nice seeing her and the baby. But i kind of got offended when she didn't even say bye or anything when she left considering i never see her anymore.

and it got me to thinking - i'm not close with my siblings...at all. I'm the youngest in the family, have an older brother and an older sister. my brother and i used to be very close when we where kids cos we shared rooms for the majority of my childhood. him and i parted ways when middle school came around though. mainly because i had finally stood up to him always picking on me, ever since then he's always kind of avoided me.

i'm not going to lie, i have A LOT of close friends. my mom will tell you i used to have so many people over at her house it was like they where an extension of my real family.

it makes me upset that i consider my closest guy/girl friends more of a sibling then my actual siblings. there's things that i talk about with my friends that i could never feel comfortable talking about with my brother and sister. not because we don't get along anymore - when we do see eachother, its mostly a good time. but we never actually hang out or keep in touch. we're like that friend you see around from time to time where you suddenly act like you give a shit about them.

i've tried engaging my brother into my life, considering he still lives with my mom - only has one friend he ever hangs out with or talks to, and smokes more weed then i do. but whenever i do its like he gets all fuckin cocky trying to act like he's the coolest dude ever talking about himself most of the time.

it really bothers me too because i see it in his eyes that he is very sad. but everytime i try talking to him about how hes feeling he puts on a face.

hopefully in time things will change with that. its just very strange to me that its hard to reach out to FAMILY but its not so hard reaching out to close friends you've known for years and years.

so i'm curious guys, how are you with your siblings? if you don't have any what's your opinion on not having any brothers and sisters? - and has it had any significant effect on relationships with other people?

thanks for reading! :smoking:

2. When I was a kid my sister was chill. She went to parties with me and smoke/drank with me haven't seen her in a while but I'm sure she still smokes

3. Eh...I live in a different world than they do.:cool:

4. i feel the same way. i feel like i am closer to non blood related people than i am with my own family. theres so much shit i tell them that i dont tell my siblings. i know it sounds wrong and im not whatever the word you wanna use but its hard for me to open up to my own family i dont know why but i have an easier time being honest with friends. i have this older family friend who lives in germany and i cant believe i am saying this but i admit, I'm more closer to her than my mom. and thats sad for me to say because people are gonna read this and be like 'omg ur mom totally gave birth to u, wat the hell!?!! but i feel like I'm so much more comfortable and closer with mentors because they look out for me when I'm down in the dumps... i know my parents are supportive n shit but they are my guardians who sometimes dont respect me and my privacy and my life choices but you know, thats how parents are most of the time.

anyways i know what you're talking about so you're not alone. time can help and you may not know this but your family will be the only last souls standing to help you with whatever obstacles you are fighting..... just be patient and slowly but surely and hopefully we can connect with them again.

5. Same here. I am my brother's polar opposite. We have absolutely nothing in common. What's really strange is when we were growing up, he was my mother's darling angel, and I was a piece of shit (according to her). Now he's off living his life, and guess who's living in my house? My mother! :rolleyes:

6. My little sister and I are pretty close, used to toke alot as well. That's probably what brought us so close.

The other 2 sisters and my half sister I'm not too close with. We talk from time to time but that's aboot it. They all complain and yell way to much for my tastes.

I wanted a brother. :laughing:

7. Same here too. I wish I had a brother I was close with, but it's impossible with him. I'm actually have dinner with him right now. I'm on my phone just to piss him off haha.

8. I have one older sister, def thick as thieves. We are only a year and a half part so we kinda grew up together. Even if we have beef I know if shit hits the fan she will be right by my side.

9. My sister's a fuckin' immature fat bitch and a bully. She picked on me all through my childhood and completely destroyed my self esteem. I hate her, but she's my sister, so we still talk and get along, but damn. I wouldn't care if I didn't see her for another 10 years.

10. I rarely speak to my sisters, when I do the conversation is largely dead-air...Not much in common with them at all.

I get along with them fine, just better from a distance is all.:cool:

11. I'm a freak deep down on the inside, so I'm not any good at maintaining long term relationships. I don't allow people to get close to me. Although I have had a friend or 2 at times in my life that were closer than skin. I pretty much quit trying to find people because I keep finding out they're dead.

12. what do you mean they're dead? o_O

13. not really. Sister a little. Brother not at all, not even on speaking terms with him. My sister was off speaking terms with him like 6 years ago, now I boarded the ship as well. But obviously I don't share my darkest secrets with my sister either, but I do share a good amount unlike my brother I share nothing with.

14. I only have one brother. and we're not close at all. we don't have any problems or anything, we just don't have anything at all in common either. everything I like, he doesn't. and vice versa.

15. My bro and I used to be close but then he turned into a huge Dbag so not anymore.

16. Not at all... it really doesn't concern me, though.

17. wowzah

lots of blades in the same boat as me.

a lot of my friends are veeery close with their siblings

18. I am considered the "black sheep" "the unknown one they can't figure out" but the issues of untied closeness go further deeper than indulging in mind stimulants, they're all SJ's and I ain't.

19. I have 2 sisters, both younger than me - The one closest to my age is so much like me that we don't get along, although she does make me laugh a lot.

Where as the younger one is pretty cool, but how close can a 19 year old guy be with his 12 year old sister? I'd say I'm a lot nicer to her than the other, in hopes that when she's older we have more in common and are able to get along.

20. for the most part...my family doesn't share blood. I grew up in someone else's family & shared the same blood, but it wasn't 'my family'. Don't get me wrong.. They are good people & I love & respect them they just are not my family.