Are You An Idealist Or A Realist?

Discussion in 'General' started by kinetic being, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Which one would you most identify with?

Why?

I, personally, would say that I am an idealist at the core. I'd be nothing without my ideals, I couldn't see a purpose to keep going without them...

But, of course, there's an element of "realism" that is a product of life experiences, but I try to put that "behind me" as much as is possible while still (trying to) functioning in our society...

(I would have put this in S&P, but I wanted a more general overview of people's opinions.)

2. I'm a realist

I think society has the potential to progress and achieve goals that idealists support, but I think we have to be realistic about the manner in which change happens and over what period of time

3. i would say im a realist, because i fully understand whats going on around me, whats possible and the consequences of things i may or may not do. i dont know if that would consider myself a realist, but thats why i would consider myself one :)

4. I am both. I am an idealist, in the sense that i indentify with certain ideals that would improve or enhance society, but I am a realist because i realize that humanity has many steps to take between now and when those ideals can be realized..

I doubt that made any sense, im really blazed, but it made sense to me :eek:

5. A delicate balance of both. :cool:

6. Perhaps a better question is whether you're a psychoanalyst or a therapist. I, myself, am a combination of the two: an "analrapist".

7. 50/50 but I choose idealist.

8. idealist due to my grandiose dreams, realist due to my not believing any one elses grandiose dreams.

9. an idealist. So much that its gotten quite out of hand.

10. Well, even if it means taking a chubby, I will suck it up!