Are you afraid of Pit Bulls?

Discussion in 'General' started by noseatbeltcrash, Feb 28, 2010.

1. This is just out of curiosity. I'm finding more and more people are scared to death of them, obviously because of the media and the dogfighting they portray.

2. It depends what kind of mood I am in, so sometimes.

3. i dunno man ive envisioned how a fight were to go between me and dog would, and i can see me kicking his ass with some well placed kicks and grabs haha

unless the pitbull is like 200++++ pounds i wouldnt be scared

i think its more of the same thing with guns. they are safe in the right hands, so if the owner is alright then the pitbull should be alright too

4. as long as the dog inst Cujo I can careless I've never been afraid of dogs

5. nah.. i used to not like dogs in general. but one of my good friends has two pits. and everytime im over at her place, they'll jump on me.. but im used to it. they're friendly, and pretty darn cute.

it's the pits that roam unleashed that is a little unnerving, but other than that i don't pay 'em too much mind.

6. I'm loving these responses! Thanks for participating!

7. My best friend has a pit bull, my smoke spot has a pit bull, hell even my headshop has a pit bull! I love um, and plan to get one when i get a house eventually

8. I don't think they have any higher chance of being overtly aggressive than any other breed, so no, I'm fine with them.

9. I'm shaken baby......but only slightly ;)

10. Could care less, just another dog as far as I'm concerned.

11. I like Pit Bulls a lot.

12. I LOVE dogs but I always thought you could choke one out if it went on a rampage.

13. I mean they can go either way-Killers or lovers. it depends.

14. I don't give a shit what breed of dog it is. It's all dependent on how it's raised anhyow. (yes, I could train a golden labrador to be an attack dog, and little efforrt would be involved in in), I could also train a Dobermen Pincher to be the most docile pet you could ever know. It is entirely dependent upon it's Upbringing/raising. I don't really like hostile animals that have the capacity to kill me, but if you approach it right, then you don't have anything to worry about.

15. i own a pitbull/beagle/chocolate lab mix and he is the sweetest dog ever and wouldn't hurt a fly! it's not the breed, it's the owners! as with any dog breed, if trained correctly they won't be aggressive or violent.

16. I like this. This is very good information! +rep :D

17. I chose a bit uneasy, but im mostly on guard, depending on how i come in to contact with the pitbull if its a friends im good, if its one on the street roaming i wont mind it at all but if its just chillen alone in a yard with a way to get out i'll tense up a bit.

18. #18 weedzilla420, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010
    my friend has a pitbull/bulldog mix.
    he is a very diesel looking dog. he is somewhat intimidating looking.

but let me tell you. he is the absolute most friendly, loving, affectionate, chill, laid back dog i've ever met and i've been around a lot of dogs in my life. he is also by far and large without any comparison the smartest dog i've ever met as well.

it all has to do with the temperament the dog is conditioned to during it's upbringing.

here is a pic of my friend's dog.

Attached Files:

19. it's not the dog thats vicious, its how they have been brought up.

20. Good luck. :laughing:

[​IMG]