Are you addicted to weed?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Emily143, Dec 6, 2014.

1. I would say I'm addicted to it. I have taken long breaks cold turkey when needed but I never quit, cause if you go back to doing the same thing even after ten years you never really quit, but that's just my opinion............

2. i think the addiction is completely dependent on ones usage. if you smoke before every meal, before sleep, and before sex, your bound to not eat, sleep, or fuck like normal. it really is possible to become dependent on weed as well. i have a buddy who was fortunate. but really not so much, to be able to by qps and zips as a teen and i never saw it then, but the dude is completely dependent on weed. he wont sleep without it, unless hes drunk, most likely because he doesnt stop thinking about it now, but due to the fact he was used to having so much weed at a young age. now a days he realized how dependent he was and still kinda is, but actually turned to alcohol to fall asleep, which still doesnt really work and just turns him into an alcoholic. if i go over and he doesnt have bud or i dont, he wont want to do shit but sit around.

another buddy of mine would smoke blunts all day every day, even when he didnt have the stash to keep up with his own habits. eventually he went broke and would not come into our friends house whenever him and his girl rolled up. i walked out, cause everyone is confused as to why they were just sitting, and the motherfucker was screaming at her because of his lack of blunt. that dude eventually learned to accept him not having weed once the girl finally left.

personally as a teen i thought i was dependent on weed, but now that im older i can see theres a lot more better things to do other than smoke. i was getting an ounce every day a few months ago, obviously not smoking all of it to myself, but i would still smoke a blunt joint or whatever when id want, but i got pulled over and lost my license so i had to stop that lifestyle. which i didnt really mind as i started getting sick of being around so many people and filling my car up and just wanted to go home most of the time since those people were only with me for my weed. i like to think when one has a bunch of real hard drug addiction in their family/close friends, it helps you better understand what drugs are and how even smoking weed 5+ times a day is bad in the habit forming sense.

also i feel like shatter and alot of other hashes are really easy to get addicted/dependent on. the taste and high from it is ridiculous for the amount of product that is being smoked. im sure the whole world would be content taking dabs and tasting terpenes then ripping bowls. a lot of people, mostly everyone who starts dabbing and has a dealer who always has wax, will usually find themselves turning to dabbing and forgetting all about actual plant. a gram is capable of lasting a week if your kinda conservative, and like 5 days when dabbing about 3 times a day and even with a group of people a couple times. i used to get this awesome bubble hash and i seriously was more in love with smoking it than addicted to it, but i was pretty sad when the dude ran out not gunna lie. honestly i dont think ive gone 48 hours without getting stoned, but if i dont have weed, that usually means i dont have cigarettes so i attribute any instances of annoyance to the lack of nicotine, and not weed. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yup, I'm hooked. After 25 years of smoking it, my body is pretty used to it. Now that I grow, and have an unlimited supply, I'm not sure I could ever quit. But why the f would I want to?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. yes I would say I'm addicted.

Whenever I start running low I get anxiety about the thought of having to go a few days sober and it actually becomes a big concern for me.

If I try taking tolerance breaks, after about 5 days I start struggling hard and staying sober becomes a tough daily challenge. My stress levels skyrocket and i will be generally miserable during this time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I hope so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Been a daily smoker for 22 years so yeah I’d say I probably am lol. It’s become more of a background noise the older I get though. I used to be obsessed with it in my younger years.

Edit: just realized I already replied to this thread lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Being that weed isnt physically addictive nor does my usage of it negatively impact my life...no!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mentally addicted........for sure!!!!:pimp:

9. Nah. I'm addicted to caffeine no doubt. Been addicted to nicotine (not anymore). I can go without weed but I like getting high.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nope but it’s always my 1st choice and it pairs well with EVERYTHING

• Agree Agree x 1

11. I'm in a similar boat and hope you get better man, I've been smoking for almost 14 years around 3-5 years of chronic daily use and here goes another attempt to quit at 26. I have mental health problems and if there is a guideline to healthy usage I surely broke it and fell to abuse.

This is personal experience of not only marijuana smoking but also mental health issues so read with a grain of salt:

- I started smoking as a teen and fell in love with it. Too awesome at too young of an age, I feel the experiences threw my life satisfaction scale out of balance. Sober life feels boring and lifeless (I was prescribed antidepressants until they reached dangerous levels)
    - I remember I used to say the memory effects of weed are only while using... Well I used pretty much constantly for years so it's hard having solid memories of any experiences
    - I got to a point where at 25 my mother would go to some dangerous neighborhoods just to buy me brick weed - I have smoked some horrible looking brick weed and got to a point where I was taking around 10-20 bong hits a day.
    - I am addicted to weed more psychologically than anything although I've had physical withdrawal symptoms.
    - I have been on antidepressants, bipolar and epilepsy medication so it's hard to say what is the weed and what isn't when quitting.
    - I attempted to quit weed one day cold turkey which threw me really down, I pulled an all nighter and wake up in a hospital after a seizure

I recently began cutting down in an attempt to slowly quit altogether. Before a final relapse I was down to 6-10 bong hits a day at 1/3 of the size of the previous ones.
    Some of these days I felt more clarity, stability and motivated which was the glimmer of hope for a life after MJ.

Then I bought some good quality weed and went back to not counting and increasing the sizes of my bong hits, which is when after smoking although I had that instant rush and great feeling, shortly after my moods started swinging more frequently, my anxiety skyrocketed easily, I was neurotic about everything and my skin was thinner than a piece of paper.

I think it really depends on the person so anyone reading this be careful smoking if you are below age or if your or one of your parents/close family has or has had mental issues such as depression, addictive tendencies, ocd, bipolar, etc.

Take care everyone!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Topics covered: 2014 cannabis year in review/

– The states that legalized in November

– The wild roller coaster year for cannabis stocks

– The provisions in the omnibus spending bill that prevent the DOJ and DEA from going after cannabis businesses that are following state laws

– How tribal lands are opening up to cannabis

– Nevada, the next state to have a huge impact on the cannabis industry

– The next big brand in cannabis

– Clinical Trials for cannabis as a medication

– Colorado: what worked, what didn’t from a regulatory and business point of view

– Hemp, its time has come, get ready

– Marijuana Business Daily Conference in Las Vegas

– How public opinion is changing even in conservative states

– What 2015 and 2016 look like for the cannabis industry

https://www.cannainsider.com/2014-cannabis-year-in-review/

Replying to this 2014 thread, now 8 years old, I would have to say I have issues in the area

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Nah Iain Addicted But I Just Truely Enjoy The High Feelin An I Don Ever See A Reason Too Stop. Weed Make Everyting Better For Me Ya Know! The Only Times I Ever Quit Weed Are Times When I Get Pregnant Like I Am RN. Once I Have My Baby An Everyting Settle Down Again Ima Be Back To Blowin That Blessed Ganja Every Day.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I use weed to escape the crap in life I go through. When I do sometimes stop smoking for a few days it affects my sleep but that's about it...

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Thank you @Now but my addiction isn't really a problem in my life. Cannabis is just something I'm addicted to, but doesn't have any significant negative consequences for my life

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I am addicted

It sucks because I can only use once a week or it doesn’t do anything because my tolerance is so high

I would sell my soul to the devil to go back to the good old days when I got stoned out of my mind every night

17. Not at all.

Smoke few times a week .

18. I'm more addicted to growing than smoking .
    I can go weeks and not smoke and it really doesn't bother me . I really enjoy watching my plants go thru the stages of growth especially when it starts to bud . I can sit in my grow room for hours and do nothing at all but enjoy that dank ass smell. I'm at a point in my life where I get more satisfaction from growing than smoking but that's just me .

• Like Like x 1
  19. No need to sell your Soul to get high.
    How ripped do you want to be?
    Grow the weed, Shake the Kief, Make the Badkat Hash oil, Take to much and talk to GOD.
    Keep taking it every day. You will reach a saturation point where your always ripped as can be. It becomes self limiting for most of us. I'm simply to hammered to get the things done I want if I take to much to fast. Ease up on that stuff. :)

The breakfast Capsule hits like a sledgehammer and I'm well blazed for several hours. A toke or three of Kief before lunch and I'm off like a rocket again. It's primary function for me is pain control and it IS the THC that does the trick and I need it to hit hard every day to keep the pain monster asleep.

Of the few everyday users I know on the stuff we all have very similar experiences with the oil. It stacks rather then build tolerance.

BNW

• Like Like x 2