Are you addicted to weed?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Emily143, Dec 6, 2014.

1. I don't even smoke it.

2. Why are you here? Isn't it boring for you to be on a website with stoners who love to talk about weed when you don't use it?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. I find the term "psychologically addictive" very misleading.

Fuck, you can get psychologically addicted to bacon. Is that the bacons fault? Hell no! Some people are more disposed for addiction and deep object focus than others. That's just how it is.

When I have good access to bud, I toke every single day. And yes, I get grumpy and irritable if plans to toke one evening get disturbed. I enjoy it and want it when I have it, but I think it's bad to label yourself as psychologically addicted to weed...

I am physically addicted to nicotine, and it blows. A part of me wants to quit this shit every single day, but it feels like I have a second voice inside me that craves more, constantly.

4. I am not hesitant to say I am psychologically addicted to the herb. If I want to toke, I am going to toke. But, if I need to stop, I will. Money for gas, food, rent, insurance, and other bills are more important but I do always have a stocked inventory of bud.

5. Yes but I'm a better healthier person with it and I must enjoy this only lif I have. Weed makes that possible
    Yes but I'm a better healthier person with it and I must enjoy this only lif I have. Weed makes that possible
    Yes but I'm a better healthier person with it and I must enjoy this only lif I have. Weed makes that possible

6. I'm lucky enough not to be afflicted with any addiction, but if I was going to have one, I would love it to be weed. :)

7. Marijuana is my one true love, so yeah I guess I'm addicted, but I don't mind at all

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Nope. I mostly smoke at night once I have gotten work out of the way. 
    Used to wake and bake all the time and smoke all day, you can get some withdrawal from doing that (minor depression, no appetite)
    Keep it in moderation, saves money, more fun. 
    Moderation for me is just smoking every night or so. occasionally a wake and bake

9. 2 days into a break now to prove to myself I don't need it to be a decent person. I don't really have an urge to smoke, but it'd be nice cause my mom really pissed me off, and weed is the only thing that makes anyone in my family calm the fuck down. It helps me sleep, it helps my anger issues, and it helps when my clumsy ass falls 5 feet and bangs the base of my skull on a steel bar. xD But my boyfriend was trying to take a tolerance break until The Walking Dead comes back on, and he already said fuck it after 3 days. Said he felt clammy, bitchy, and hot. I've had none of those problems. Then again, he smokes way more than me.

The way I see it is this: we aren't hurting anyone, it's safer and more effective than psych meds, and we aren't blowing all our money on weed. I used to be a drunk, so I know a real problem when I see it. I just don't like to rely on anything too much to be happy, so I have a budget and measure out what I smoke. He doesn't because it's more of a beloved hobby for him that he sees no need to regulate. I guess if I had to stop drinking coffee, having sex, or sewing for 2 weeks, I'd be bitchy too. Dx

10. #73 CanIBeShaggy, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    I think after smoking it for awhile then stopping, most people will definitely have the urge to smoke again. Especially if you have an addictive personality. And yes, I get my urges, Aha.

11. Yep same way I'm addicted my car, my wife, my tea all the other shit I do everyday.
    If I stopped any of them it would set me off my routine and probably end with me being frustrated and short with people.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

12. Some say it's habitual but to me it's a ritual. :smoking:

or something like that

13. It seems like loss of appetite since your used to having the munchies, and your stomach hurts because it'll be used to eating more due to munchies, and hard to sleep because weed makes it easier to sleep, they're not withdrawal symptoms, just normal every day life things but your version of normal is being high :)

14. They are withdrawal symptoms.

If I smoke for long periods of time, and stop cold turkey not only am I not capable of eating at all, I get terrible intestinal cramps, and usually vomiting multiple times a day for a couple days or so. I get extreme mental and physical anxiety and my blood pressure shoots through the roof. It is also impossible to fall asleep no matter how tired I am. I usually end up staying awake for 30-40 hours with zero minutes of sleep. Also can't get an erection for about a week or so.

Granted this is usually after long periods of smoking multiple times daily, but this is very real withdrawal and should not be scoffed at.

15. Yeah, that's what it is for me too.  A ritual.  Every evening before dinner and bedtime.  The only "withdrawal" I get is trouble falling asleep for a couple of days but after that's over I think I sleep for a bit longer without weed.

16. Well that's withdrawal symptoms lol

17. That's what I am saying. And I am not the only person in the world that experiences this. I have also had withdrawal from daily use of unmentionables as well. And yes, it is waaaaay worse than what I experienced upon cannabis ceasation. And it lasted a lot longer. Cannabis withdrawal is unpleasant to say the least, but fortunately most symptoms fade away by the 2nd night. Some like anhedonia linger for a long time. But the GI and sleep issues usually last less than 2 days, compared to the 3 week long hell I went through with unmentionables.

Some people are unfortunately more prone to physical addiction than others. These people have to be more careful than everyone else. But generally speaking they can still use drugs, just not as often.