Are You A Positive Or Negative Person?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheBigH, Jun 5, 2014.

1. What I mean by this question is, when something bad happens to you, honestly, do you look on the bright side, or do you dwell on the bad thing that just happened to you?

Here's an example. I woke up this morning and found my bank account -200. No idea why, I emailed my bank and am still waiting for a response. Then when I went to move my car, I found a parking ticket slapped on the windshield. These are not real problems, but really fucking annoying issues I now have to deal with. When something annoying like this happens to you, do you try to stay positive? How do you do it? I've never been this broke in my life and it's getting really annoying. I just emptied out my savings account of all 1600 I had in there for school tuition. How do you deal with shitty situations? 

I'm still trying to look on the bright side (have a roof over my head/food in the fridge/no major health problems)

Can you tell me some shitty things that happened to you and how you dealt with it? 

2. It doesn't matter whether I stay chipper or get pissed the fuck off I'm going to do what needs to be done.

3. I'm both.  If you don't admit to being both you're just bullshitting yourself :confused_2:

4. I like that. It's really not a set thing, some huge problems I'll just laugh off and tackle, and some petty troubles can make me a raging bull.

5. Been legally unable to see my gf for about 6 months now. Shittiest interpersonal problem I've ever faced. Been dealing with it horribly. Depressed, broke, no motivation...there's really no other way to look at it. Only the courts have power over my situation, there is no force of will on the planet that could remove the root cause of my dilemma. Positive thinking might ease my suffering on a very fake, temporary level, but at the end of the day the situation calls for negativity until time rescues me from it. Positivity is only useful under shitty circumstances if you have some realistic power to change them. 

6. Its weird. I grew up in extreme addict chaos.

Big issues I go into this "i will overcome mode." and I always do, every time. Im known to be the guy to make issues go away.

Exacmple:
    I had a massive tree fall, break my power lines, fall on my neighbors house car and almost kill my veteran neighbor. I had twin infants with no way to heat milk, my wife was at work, i had my basement full of marijuana plants, and the power lines were on the ground sparking. The electricity guy refused to reattach my lines because the tree was in the way and because my riser was slightly bent on my home. I remember him laughing and sayin, youre gonna have to hire a crew, i do t expect youll have electricity for a good week or two.. I told him i had infant kids and he said, you and ten thousand other people, blew cigar smoke in my face and left. My brother started to fight with him but i left. By that night I had 40 volunteers in my front yard, diesel trucks pullin the 40 ton tree outta the way, cutting it up. I contacted a friend 650 miles away, at 9 at night, after he'd worked a 16 hour day and he drove for 7 hours to my house that night. Within one day everything was back to normal. My wife said after knowing me a decade she's used to "miracles" :smoke:

But somethin stupid like a parking ticket sets me in rage mode.

7. Positive

I pretty much coast through life on the premise that everything will eventually work out OK. No matter all the shit I've been through in life, and theres been a load, I'm here now and everythings cool. Could be better of course but I'm good. Compare your life to people that live in war torn countries, I find that helps me be so grateful for where I am and how I live. Sometimes it may get ridiculous and you think theres no hope but tomorrow is a new day, you don't know what's going to happen.

The bank will get back to you and it will be refunded if it was a mistake (you should probably phone rather than email quick response wise). And maybe don't park in no parking zones? ;)

8. Yeah. It wasn't that I parked in a no parking zone (well sort of), where I live, I have to move my car at least 4 times a week to different streets due to street cleaning and sometimes I just forget. 

9. Sorry dude I'm not judging was just ribbing ya :) friendly advice and all that.

In all seriousness don't worry too much about things that you can't change, because it has happened/is going to happen and you just have to take it one step at a time and deal with things as they come.

P.s. if possible, smoke more weed. It does wonders for worry.

10. Well...They're both valid feelings.

I'll take middle ground, I'm positive negative things exist. :cool:

11. Im pretty damn positive w everything......Im the one that usually tries to break up fights before they start to escalate. My friend literally jus told me the other day...."your too nice".....then my other friend says "im soo sweet".....lol better than bein an asshole! Makes you feel good tho when people notice when you do good things.

It is what it is....I just find it hard to get pissed off at stupid shit and try n let it go....its not worth hurtin someones feelings, or me overthinkin a situation thats gonna stress me out.

12. I'm positive also

Most things that piss people off don't effect me even if it's serious. If I do feel down which is rare. It's like one or two days. I just think of how blessed I am like this.

I have four limbs
    All if my senses work fine
    I have at least one friend
    I have a family that loves me
    Etc

But when I comes to love?
    I get it bitching hardcore lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. negative when required

positive otherwise

14. I try to look at everything as a monetary gain or loss. So as long as its not too big a loss it's hard to care in the first place

15. I'm always a negative person. I got straight A's the entire year and instead of feeling proud, I feel stupid for not getting them before and I feel like everybody gets straight A's so its no big deal. I cope with negative stuff by smoking weed and that is why I have a problem  :smoking:

16. O -    

but completely grounded

17. before i was pretty damn negative.  Now I'm more positive.

aside from all that, though, pessimism is actually beneficial for the mind.  It protects you from being devastated by sadness.  You see it unlikely to succeed from the get-go, and that softens the blow.

It's like your mind's defense against depression, haha

18. Too positive imo I just drift through life with a positive outlook on everything "oh I didn't get the job. Oh well ill go look some were else. Oh I'm in debt guess I've been spending too much"

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I'm a sarcastic asshole but I'm always in a good mood. Life is easy, no reason to get upset.

20. I think I am pretty positive. I don't really dwell on things. But then again, bad things don't happen to me very often.