Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are you a "functioning stoner"?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by radiated, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I never have been, which is why I can't smoke a ton before going anywhere important. I remember back in highschool I was sitting in 1st year spanish stoned and we were doing vocab. The word was aburrida/aburrido or something, don't ever remember what it means. I said really loud "a burrito sounds awesome right now ." And starting smiling and laughing. Next thing I know everyones staring at me and I realize I didn't say that in my head. I go full retard when I smoke.

2. I don't know mr 1000th person to post this..

3. [quote name='"radiated"']I never have been, which is why I can't smoke a ton before going anywhere important. I remember back in highschool I was sitting in 1st year spanish stoned and we were doing vocab. The word was aburrida/aburrido or something, don't ever remember what it means. I said really loud "a burrito sounds awesome right now ." And starting smiling and laughing. Next thing I know everyones staring at me and I realize I didn't say that in my head. I go full retard when I smoke.[/QUOTE]

I used to have that problem when I first started smoking but the more you smoke your tolerence will go up I can smoke a bowl and nobody knows I'm high :) :smoke:

4. My squinty eyes give it away.

5. I lol'd pretty hard at that for some reason. Probably cuz I'm toasted

6. No :( I wish I was. Im pretty retarded when I'm high too

7. Haha the other day on the bus I was on the way home from making a pickup and my dealer had smoked me out. This lady stood up to get off the bus and left her purse there. And I was like

MA'AM
    MA'AM
    MA'AM
    MA'AM YOU FORGOT YOUR PURSE MA'AM

And I was like shaking the other guy's shoulder next to me being like HEY GET HER MA'AM SHE LOST HER PURSE and then the next thing I know the lady's helping her kid onto the bus from the train station.

And I was like

Oh. Oh, she's getting back on.

All of this out loud haha. And then it was cold and I got that weird skin-feeling you sometimes get and thought my nose was like perpetually running. So I was like snifflesnifflesnifflesnifflesnifflesniffle :D

Other than this experience though I'm reasonably functional. Sometimes couchlock calls tho.

8. I've been stoned the majority of my life and most everyone meets me when I'm stoned and never knows other wise. I'm a single dad and a med patient and I work fulltime responsibly so yes I'm a functional stoner as the question implies

9. Looks like you guys need a bit more time to adjust to the herb.

10. It's that saying I heard once...the best way to hide from people that you're high is to never let them see you sober. :D

11. I get couchlock often hahaha.

12. my eyes always gives it away. but it really matters how you act. my friends could always tell im high just cause they know me. but people at work are not sure. i say not sure cause i come in high almost everyday. and yea my eyes are red. but i dont act retarded and plus im their most qualified person to operate our money making machine. so they cant say shit.;)

13. V. nice man :) Oh, dunno if you care or want to use eye drops every day, but Clear Eyes (8hr relief) works GREAT for me...Visine never seemed to stick. This stuff makes my eyes look better than they look when I'm not even high.

14. I have been in the sky for the past 5 months, every single day.

I have a job, attend college, get good grades, do a lot of traveling, and live life happy bruh.

15. When I'm on cloud 9, my brain goes on airplane mode but there's time when I'm on a fucking roll so it depends but yeah I can function pretty well.

16. I'm a functioning stoner...because, I don't need to be stoned all the time, and when I have other shit to take care of, I don't waste my high when I can't just relax in whatever-the-fuck-i-want time.

17. By the way Aburrido means Boring in spanish...Lol but fuck Spanish im so glad i only had to take 2 years of that in highschool.

As for being a functioning stoner...No when im high i like to sit down watch TV, Play videogames and relax not work my ass off.

It makes me wonder why the fuck i always say people smoking bowls before school...Like thats a HUGE waste because why would you smoke before school were you will only be high until like before lunch and your bored the rest of the time anyway.

Really why would you do that when you could smoke at home and enjoy it 100x more.

18. Depends how stoned I am hahahaa.

19. Because maybe we can do both too? I like going to class high. I listen intently and take intricate notes :smoke:

20. Anything I can do sober, I can do high...

Im not as "crisp" but nobody except for my close friends and my grandma can ever tell im stoned anyways...