Are you a Dog person? Or a Cat person?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by F0urq, Aug 19, 2014.

?

Do you prefer Dogs as a pet or Cats?

1. Dogs

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Cats

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. #41 Viral Frog, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
    I couldn't choose between the two. It's like asking if I prefer orange juice or video games. Each have their own unique traits that I love.

2. i love dogs, Actually I think they can smile, Their eyes are particularly lovely,and Alaska is my favorite.

3. I love dogs, they're so loyal and loving, something that just isnt the norm. Dogs are just built to love their owners is such a way that no other species can compare to.

Saying that I love all my animals, my cat acts like a dog and that may be why lol

My rabbit is so lovable and the best thing while stoned, just watching them eat veg is hilarious, not to mention how fucking soft they are.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Fanboy fight.

Sent from a Pineapple under the Sea.

5. It depends, like introvert & extrovert personalities, you can't tell which one is better than the other, only which one suits you best  :wub:

6. My cat is my buddy. Follows me around. Head butts me all the damn time . Sleeps on my table when I game and in my chair when I sleep. She also talks to me.

7. I personally like dogs more than cats. It does depend on the person though. I feel like Dogs are more like companions, and like they thrive on making you happy. And Cats pretty much suck.

8. I don't really like either more or less I guess generally like cats more than dogs because most dogs seem to be ugly little ankle bitters.
    But I love my dog she a pit/husky and acts like a dog should and my kitty's frolic around the house like kittys should.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

9. I like both. But a dog is more commitment for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. The dopest dog there is: Gunner

Attached Files:

11. #51 Kirа, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

I prefere dogs :)

12. As other have stated in some form or another: different strokes for different folks.

I have a kitten who I inherited from a break-up. She's one of the best things to happen to me. Growing up I wasn't a huge fan of cats. I vascillated between dislike and indifference. This was due to my belief that ALL cats have a stick up their ass. My thinking was, "I'm going to spend my money on you, shelter you, etc and you're going to act indifferent towards me? Fuck that!" I also grew up having dogs-really affectionate dogs.

I can now appreciate cats and dogs. The biggest con for dogs, in my opinion, is the fact that I have to take them outside to do their business. I live in an apartment building that doesn't have a fenced in yard like I did at home. Even if it did I'd still be responsible for picking up their poop. Also, I live in Chicago and when the winter months come I want to be inside as much as possible.

Given my living situation, a dog is a no go right now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dogs are the bomb dude, every stoner needs they're own little snoop schnauzer to pet when they're baked

Onelove🍁

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dogs for sure, ive met rotweilers that were gentler creatures than some cats.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Idk man...maybe you havent met the right cats? Cause I've met plenty of dogs and my cat is right up there with them in terms of personality, play style, and energy. And she loves hanging out with me. I'd be lying down watching a movie and she'd jump on my lap and walk onto my chest and make a nice spot for herself there and we'd both fall asleep together.

I mean I love dogs and cats. I'm an animal person, but I can't agree with you when you say dogs have more of a personality cause it really depends on the cat and the dog. 

But either way, its not like I like one more than the other. I like them both.

• Like Like x 2
  16. This is a tough question. I love both of them! However, I have to go with cats. I use to not like cats till I had a cat of my own, but dogs are great too. I got a dog little less than a year ago (late May 2014/birthday: April 5 2014). He's an Australian Shepard, and he is awesome. He is a little on the energetic side, but he is very intellectual, athletic, and wants to please their Master. Before my dog, I had an amazing cat. It was around 12 years ago. Was a stranded cat in our neighborhood so i decided to feed her and we(my family) immediately fell in love with her. After about 6 months of kinda owning this cat, we figured out that she belonged to our neighbor at the cul-de-sac who had about 10 cats. All of them were fixed, which is why other male cats didn't follow her. I told her about the cat and she told me that I could keep because she knew that I made her cat happy. So I had her for 12 years and she died Summer of 2013. She got sick and died. Probably after my dog, I will get a cat for me, and a tiny dog for my fiancée.

17. I've never really owned a dog but the time and length ive spent with one I mean it would be nice to have an animal sidekick but at the same time I don't want you all in my face licking me. I'd have to go with cats I mean they are peaceful, quiet (sometimes..), cute and small, and generally take care of themselves. I don't have the time and attention a dog would want or need so I love how cats can handle me being gone long hours yet still are like oh hey your back yay. My cat can get cuddly too and I love dogs don't get me wrong but I don't think they like me anyways. I went to a pound and they all barked nonstop my girl was like what the fuck are you cursed? Nah just catman. But seriously though i love the pussy...purrr..kittty..

18. #58 iAmBetty, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
    Cats. I enjoy having a pet that's fairly independent. I love dogs, but taking care of one can get annoying. Mine needs to be doing something constantly otherwise he gets depressed.. I like that I can play with my cat when I want, and let her outside when I get bored. 

Also, some of the more exotic cats are really similar to dogs. My friends Savannah cat follows him around everywhere, will fetch, and goes on walks with a leash. Extremely high maintenance like a dog, too.

Hell, my normal cat (tabby, I guess?) follows me around the house and used to wait under a tree at the edge of my driveway until I got home from school in the afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eh dogs in general have a more bubbly personality. They are more dependent than cats though so it really just depends on the person and what they prefer. But dogs interact and play more in my opinion.

20. I'm a cat person. I love cats, they are sneaky and move in silence.

• Like Like x 1