Are we there yet?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Foxymel, Apr 18, 2019.

1. B2713C37-CF45-4650-9E16-ADEF71CED6A0.jpeg D9477FD7-0712-4154-B5F0-2E49ACCA5DD1.jpeg 2A1D1F6F-E829-4A6D-8BB2-7BB1CD1C58CA.jpeg 019E7262-8301-4DD7-8BFF-14FBE2F10F22.jpeg 39B6A412-A967-4739-BACF-7C9EDC5D1738.jpeg I’m sorry about this. I think there must be many threads with people asking if they’re girls are ready for harvest, but I’m still not sure and I don’t want to let her get to the stage where she’ll turn into couchlock weed. This is an auto Tangerine Dream grown outside. She’s at day 76 and a lot of her pistils are turning amber. Having trouble with the trichomes. I have a loupe and a macro lens and I can’t tell if the trichomes are clear or cloudy. But I read that you should harvest before most of the pistils are amber. I’ve also read for the more energetic high you should harvest before amber trichomes. I just don’t want to have my yield wasted on couchlock weed. Anyway, I really appreciate any insight about if my girl is close? No matter what I read nothing beats the opinions of experienced growers and this is my first grow.

2. Would like to help, but need a much closer and clearer pic of the trichs. I see a lot of "milky" trichs and I would like to say she's pretty much ready, but still, pics are not clear enough and close enough to give a definitive answer. She's looking good though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you! I’ll get take a macro shot after work.

4. #4 BrassNwood, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    If it still sparkles in the sun it's not done.
    Should have a dull cloudy overall appearance.
    Take off a few rice grain sized sugar leaf clips from very deep in the plant where the sun can't reach. Take them inside to a table where you can actually scope them with a bright light and about a 60x power lens.
    Sunlight can ripen surface trichomes and give a false reading on the plants true stage of ripeness.

Smell usually falls off somewhat as she reaches full or just past full stage. I want 20% amber or it's just not done enough. To much clear, cloudy with no amber will give a choppy, sharp edged, short lasting high IME.
    [​IMG]
    To much clear.
    [​IMG]
    Better.
    [​IMG]
    Like this.

I see it's outside. Where are you located ?
    Southern California here and I do photos outside year round.
    Edit:: Photoperiod Plants. LMAO.
    BNW

BNW

5. Florida. It’s getting humid and hot already! I thought you were talking about taking photos. Lol. Next weed I grow is going to be photo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ha.. Fixed it.

BNW

7. #7 Foxymel, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Here's an okay shot of the trichomes. I had no idea how crappy the photos I posted are! I've only been here on my phone and they look much better on my phone. I only took a few before my battery died. I'll try again tomorrow, but here's the one shot that came out okay. DSC_5236.jpg

8. What did you fix? lol

9. Much more clearer. After checking, I'm still stumped lol. You said she's day 76 flower, right? That's about 11 weeks of flower. Just by that she should be ready to come down anytime now. There seems to be enough amber trichs, but the ones that are suppose to be "cloudy" don't look fully cloudy, which is weird. There still seems to be a good amount of clear trichomes. Any way to take a closer shot? What are the flowering times of that particular strain?

10. She’s an Auto so that’s from seed. I can take a clearer shot but I’ll have to break out my tripod. And for flowering times, seed banks give you not the best info for autos. I actually don’t want amber trichomes! From what I’ve read, that takes you into couchlock weed...

11. So I think I might be seeing a few amber trichomes. The leaves closest to the buds are dying. And those spots at the place where the stem meets the main stem has completely stopped growth and look like there’s nothing on it, no hairs or pistils. Most of the hairs are amber and a darker shade of amber. I’m really annoyed with how slow my computers loading. I took some more pics but I haven’t gotten any closers. I’ll post trichome closeups later but those are all new things as of today and even tho this is my first time fry, I have a feeling they might be done. Or at least really close. It’s been storming all day so she’s getting a nice soaking with heavy winds which is a good cleansing right before harvest. I’ll wait til I get more opinions tho. I really don’t know why my computer is being so freakin slow.

12. Oh ok, my bad. What are the flowering times of that auto? Even though you don't trust them, it's good to know what the actual breeder suggested.

13. Well the finishing time from start to finish is 67-75 days seed to harvest. She’s I think at 80 days. But she had a very slow start. Her side branches are starting to get weighed down. If she’s not ready I’m going to have to add some support.

14. I want to say yes, but I don't want you to harvest too soon. However, you have a good amount of amber trichs. However #2, the trichs that appear "milky" don't appear as milky as they should. I'm stuck between the amount of amber trichs and the "milky" trichs not really looking that milky. Could it be a genetics thing? Perhaps, I'm not sure. What if you waited a bit longer and see how they turn out?

• Like Like x 1