Are we the future god...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Zylark, Jun 6, 2007.

1. What if, or rather when, we create such a self-replicating intelligence that far outperforms our own. Do we merge with it, thus becoming a hybrid in the current sense (might be quite natural then), or do we distance ourselves.

There is no question we will get there, and the funny thing is, we do not know why. We just push for it. We cannot and should not halt the current development, but how many of us stop and think were it may or may not lead?

Might it be the final definition of a soul as such. Humans living forever virtually. What will it mean towards generating new generations. Do we need kids at all? Will we finally break free from evolution in the biological sense? Be all that we can be?

The fall of man, the rise, nay, the genesis, of our prodigy. Us in its ultimate form, but not us. Will we ever allow it? Can we hinder it?

Or is it necessary in order to seed our galaxy with life as we know it. Or as we prejudice it?

2. When enough of us have connected, we will be like God, maybe even stronger. As far as whether we merge or keep our distance, I do not know. I wish I did.

3. It's as much apart of us as we are of the universe ;)

4. Actually. This is sort of the way I lean when it comes to beliefs on how we got here...and what we are doing.

I don't believe in a christian God or anything...however, I do believe we were placed here. I do think our existance WAS planned. I do believe in a creator. I believe in a physical creator however. And of course, having the knowledge to give birth to the human race would mean they have knowledge far beyond ours. So, a seeding system is sort of how I look at the universe. But the temptations that we have, our emotions, the wars...our own setbacks...I feel like its a test. Thats why we are so isolated in space. Its a test to see if we can handle life on its actual scale.

It seems like us humans cant even handle life on a planetary scale. How are we supposed to handle a universal scale? Well, when I look at life I see a baby born, and then it mature until it dies. Whats to say the same process isn't spread across the universe? Who's to say it isn't that simple? I mean, for all we know, the human race could still be in its infint stage. We could JUST be learning the basics. We havent really gained rational or respectful logic ( in my eyes at least) untill recently, maybe the last 50 years. I mean, we treated people of different race and sex like shit because of their skin color or religion or whatnot. It seems we're just learning that its inhuman to do these things. What if we still need another 5000 years of devolpment before we even see a glimpse of what is to come? What if WE are the only things in our way?

Oh, and i think this way because, it seems that in all religions the people are spoken to by things coming out of the sky's. and these things having somewhat human tendencies...even resembling a human. limbs, a head, a body....different shapes, but consisting of the same parts. Maybe we are gods...just in the baby stage :)

its how i like to look at things.

5. some do that already:wave:

6. Any human would make one shitty God.

7. Thats why the race as a whole should be looked at as the God. If we as a race were to work together, completely nsync...I think it would create Godlike things.

8. Well It's all dependant on what you consider a 'God' is, and the capabilities of "Godlike things".

9. dude i think that's a great quote.

it can imply that humans would not be capable of being godly but also that any interpretation of a possible "god" we could come up with would be flawed.

nice man.

would any god make a shitty human? ha.

what's scares me is that i think technology will merge before mankind does, which will be a sad thing.

10. the current god is doing a shitty job.

I don't doubt we will become "gods." In a sense, we already are. we cure deceases, bring our selves back from death. soon(1000s of years) we will defeat death entirely.

And 'god' himself says we are. we were built in his image, right?

11. Well. I don't really know how to answer this. I'll stew it over for a bit.

12. we are all (at various stages) trying to be perfect..perfect asses or perfect angels :smoke:

13. Damn I would never want to live forever, it defies the most basic laws of our existence. We die so that our bodies can be recycled and give new life a chance to expierience the miracle of being alive.

14. one day i want to disgard my body and be hooked up to a computer. a computer so powerful i can control time, create a universe, single out my consciousness and put it into a single organism, create life and destroy stars at a whim.

15. as sick is it sound, death is heaven to me. not like, I'm going to a heaven, But the atheistic 'heaven'....after a good long life, Then it's time to rest.

Also, there are theories that our bodies wouldn't be needed to keep us alive. nature may take my body, just leave me my brain.

16. It seems like we are the future gods I mean look how much we accomplished in the past 100 years.Pretty Eerie if you tell me.Maybe we were placed here by an alien being that is slowly waiting for us to reach the next platue so they can either teach us or destroy us.Maybe they wanna teach us just to destroy us?If thats the case looks like were destroying ourselves.

Maybe were getting to close to reaching Immortality?
    Who knows?God is a state of mind where all Gods each and every one of ya and the older we get the wiser it shows.So to answer the question we are Gods cause the closer we get to the future the wiser we get.Which is basically what god is a bunch of knowledge and Wisdom.

editor's note Last sentence First paragraph:What if they Wanna teach us but not to destroy us but rather teach us to destroy?

17. In all of earth's history, only one species has formed a collective pool of intelligence, and now a collective conscious, called the internet. An intertwined web of instant communication capable of sending signals to space and back so quickly that we call them cell-phone conversations! We are truly growing larger, and more galactic in nature, though still isolated, we reach for the stars and have no shame in waiting for the answers.

Only one species feels the need to defend itself on a microbial plane, thusly extending it's own life span by more than 100%. Why? because we know that the longer we live, the more we can add to the pool of collective experience that we call Human. It is programmed into us by whatever that 3% of our DNA is, that is not a chimpanzee! I think it is time to declare ourselves to be at least at the halfway point of evolution, deification is still a ways off, but we've learned to wash our hands in order to fight disease, and baby that's a start!

18. Halfway? I don't know. Thats too hard to say. I mean, thats saying that at some point, we'll know everything there is to know.... And I dont know yet, if thats possible.

But if we did know all that we could know...discover everything so that there was nothing left to discover...then we would be...godlike.

19. And yet would it be a good thing, know that there is nothing left in life to be discovered. Having a definite answer to every question, it takes away all the mystery. Not that I think we are anywhere close to knowing all there is to know.

20. Are we the future God? Yes, we are. We hold the paint brush, we can control our "destiny". We can engineer ourselves in anyway we wish, at least, we will be able to soon. At that point, we are in control of our evolution, we decide what we want and what we do not. We are no longer (or soon we will be no longer, I should say) slaves to our environment, no longer slaves to our biology, we will be the master's of our own destiny, the God's of our own fate.
    I do not think we will start by melding all of ourselves together into one group consciousness, I do not believe that will be something we consider doing at first. Individuality will be paramount, until we reach a point where we believe that to be insignificant. Or, if we accept that we are all one with nothing special to differentiate us.

We seek to improve ourselves, to gain knowledge, to challenge what we once knew. History shows us that. Not many people think about where our technology will lead us, it is exciting to think about, sadly most people do not indulge in such speculation.

If we can achieve immortality I think our desire to produce children will be reduced. I think most people would put it off for a few hundred years. It is something we will still need to do, but not with the urgency we need to now.

Yes, we will allow it. At the very least, we will allow it in test subjects. We have removed natural evolution from the equation, we either have to do it ourselves or ignore it completely... And seriously, I do not think that will happen. Cultural pressure may keep it from happening for a time, but eventually we will take the plunge. God (if there is one) knows that I will be one of the first in line. Death is a disease, plain and simple, it is not something we should accept or embrace. It is something to be challenged and beaten.