Are We Humans Destined To Destroy Ourselves?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by _SourD, Jul 15, 2014.

1. I used to be a huge conspiracy theorist. I abandoned that lifestyle because I just wanted to live my life with out looking over my shoulder, but was always prepared to my my best abilities to protect my family and survive different scenarios. With conspiracy theories set aside, do you think that maybe the human race is simply destined to be "wild." Even during the world's greatest advancements in technology, science, philosophy, medicine, revolution, discovery, there is always violence, war, poverty, corruption, tyranny, that over shadows such advancements. I know there are good and bad people, but is our free will so beyond our own understanding that though every great achievement will lie a great deception? I wonder if we will ever be able to step outside unafraid of the world because of its people. For 6 years I've been out and about not following world events and have just lived my life in peace. I just recently turned on the news to follow up on world events and feel like it's worse then when I left it. The stories are 1 sided but the violence and chaos are still there. Is this what we are? Is there no changing this chaos? In a utopia of 10 people does 1 truly consider murder? Idk, I'm stoned and am over thinking. But honestly what do you guys think is going to become of us?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yup soon the world will be overpopulated by humans and only the rich will survive.  The amount of pollution we pump into our atmosphere is insane considering we have the technology to reduce it.  And give it 50 or so years and fresh, clean drinkable water will be very expensive/scarce. 

3. Same thing man except I'm more recently done living the lifestyle of conspiracy theories than you are. I stopped about a good 2-4 months ago. And the people that stop it like you and I seem to be better off. I found I'm more peaceful and happy.
    See I stopped because I was always angry because of big brother and shit. But I realized with all the laws goin on and our right taken away that it's sad to think but it's hopeless unless your in a group of at minimum 10 people who want to rebel. I feel like 1 person is useless, especially In these days.
    The only way I believe the world can change at this rate, in these days, is only if a nuke war happened and wiped out majority of the planet. Or if some stupid rich and powerful people finally came up with a virus to wipe out much of the planet.
    IMO and in my eyes the only way we can stop the madness is when the minds holding the madness explode and create a world catastrophe, thus wiping out the population and creating a post-apocalyptic-wasteland. To me that's the only hope we have at saving our planet.

4. #4 -Martyr, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    "Destined" implies a lack of choice, rather than conscious forfeiture of the same. We've displayed our capacity to create, to thrive, to culture, and to overcome great obstacles as a result. We have lasted as long as we have, solely because we have moved in the direction we have for better or worse. Now is the point in time, where that direction is nearing a fork in the road, and one road absolutely does lead to destruction, but we're not fated to meet that end. If we do come undone by our own hand, it will be by conscious choice- either the choice of a few elites to destroy us all for their ephemeral and worthless profits, or the choice of the people to not rise up and take back what is theirs by virtue of merit, birthright, and ethical conduct. The people who run this planet no longer give a shit about it and need to be removed from seats of power one way or the other. Until the people seek to accomplish this, instead of sitting home and watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians, we cannot say that we're necessarily moving in the direction opposite our own destruction, without seeming overly-optimistic.

5. Yes and I dont give a shit.

6. People are losing 'What is Right', and how a species is suppose to work together. We've become to secluded that death has become normal as it has nothing to do with us. I cry very often for the world we live in, i am never sad. I just can never get over how people treat eachother and the more Rich or important you are the less you care about the one's starving on the street, the countries who have nothing. I wanted to join the Peace Corps at one point, at least i would actually be helping people instead of funding the same things that essentially torture people. I think we will reach our end, i will embrace it. The world needs time to heal. The flood will come with no ark. We are not beneficial to anything on earth. But we treat everything that's in our way as barriers to our success. If there was a mass exstinction button that would leave no one, and be completely painless. I would press it, Not even hesitate.

7. I wouldn't even say 50! Think of Saudi Arabia, a 3rd world country with a tiny but powerful upper class. They are getting water shipments now! Think of what will happen when the oil money runs out. It will displace tens of millions of impoverished people in the middle of the desert

8. Dubai is the richest country in the world supposedly.

9. I'm actually surprised that we've lasted as long as we have without destroying ourselves.
    I can't say I was part of the "conspiracy theorist" crowd but I did get into the prepping lifestyle quite heavily for a while. And while I still maintain part of that lifestyle, I had to distance myself from it because there's just so much shit going on in the world that I can't do anything about.
     Don't get me wrong, I do what I can when I can, but worrying about every little thing is a dead end street of despair.

I have to agree with -Martyr in that we are coming to a fork in the road, but I think the path were taking will only lead to death and destruction. I've seen enough of humanity in my time to know the good, the bad, and the ugly, and unfortunately I think the bad and ugly side will win, for now.
    The elite control us, and the sheeple let them as long as McD's is open and their tv's work..

My only real hope for us as a species is to collapse a time or two, and hope like hell the survivors will have pulled their heads out of their asses enough to take a better path..

10. No lmao why do you think we're looking for a way to travel farther into space? Abandon this shit when it gets bad and go to the next place hopefully learning from past mistakes..
    Picking only 'model citizens' leaving the rest behind.
    Ps if you get picked bring a pot seed you must keep herb alive!

It's all just one big conspiracy

11. ^ if we cant take care of this planet I don't see how we could on another. 

If ya want an eye-opener, read Command and Control and find out just how many times since WW2 we almost have destroyed everyone. B52 crashes carrying hydrogen fusion warheads, a Titan 2 missile with a 9 megaton(!) that blew up in its silo but somehow didn't detonate its payload in Arkansaw in 1980, etc. Its a miracle the Titan 2 didn't take out part of the state of Arkansas! Duluth and Minneapolis, Minn are fortunate to still exist after another mishap. The list of nuke weapons fuckups goes on and on and hardly anyone was, or is now, aware of how many times or how close we've come to accidental major nuclear destruction. And that's just the US, not even getting into the Russians' own issues with their nuclear weapons safety.

See Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety

[​IMG]

13. Some more than others. I try to avoid the more destructive members of my species. Cooperation on the community level is key to survival, fuck the rest.

14. are we destined to dance, or are we human

15. If you wanna dance, you gotta pay the band..

guod

16. we could always find a new one!!

It's all just one big conspiracy

17. we're on the verge of finding one right now currently.

18. I enter space as often as possible,I'll let you know if I find a decent planet, I've been to uranus. Never again..

guod