Are we ever going to have another decade as nostalgic as the 90s

Discussion in 'General' started by incrededibles, May 23, 2018.

1. What made them so nostalgic anyway?

2. I think you're the one making them nostalgic. Not that much happened for me during the '90s. It was a bunch of days coming one after another.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. All I know is that eventually baggy pants will come back. I'm tired of this skinny jeans BS. They look uncomfortable.

4. That's why I'm still saving my bellbottoms with paisley accents and my velour shirt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. #5 Dizzy, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    The 90s where a great time in my life l b v s I was still running wild in Jamaica back then tho!

~Toni~

6. The 90s were the best.

89 cents a gallon for gas.
    Music was great. TV shows rules. MTV ruled.
    Saved by the bell.
    When I smoked Marlboros were 1.79 a pack.

7. NO

8. Probably 25 years ago bet my buddy's kid (who was a mid-teen then) a case of beer that bellbottoms would come back. We'll see.

FWIW: Bellbottoms were popular sometime in the early 20th century before us '60s peeps wore them.

9. I can't remember much from the 90s. Either I was utterly shitfaced the whole decade or born in '96 I don't remember

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eh, the 90's weren't really all that great.

The 80's is where it's at; good music, great movies, fantastic fuckin' crime stories...We could go on and on here.:coolalt:

11. It’s a weird ass thing not to remember the year you were born

12. So what I’m getting from half these answers is “those years weren’t that great” and also “no but things were better”

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Nostalgia is based on perception. The 80's and 90's weren't that great.

14. #15 jerry111165, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    My mother had me waiting for the bus in checkered pants late 60’s early 70’s.

But music? Unfortunately talented musicians seemed to have fallen by the wayside since then... the 60’s and 70’s produced many - the 80’s were still good but not as good, and since then what have we seen for great guitarists?

Edit: darn autocorrect

J

15. if you mean will good music and movies ever make a return......probably not.

well good music still exists just not on a mainstream level. same with movies, Hollywood is garbage but there's usually a few good indie films that come out every year.

16. Why? Was the year you were born important to you as a child? Imagine being raised somewhere with poor documentation ect and your parents die and you get orphaned off ect with a guestimate. Not that its relevant to what the other dudes talking about as im thinking he was on some heavy shit in the 90’s

17. I'm so with you! Stop wearing your sisters pants grow some calves and a sack!!! No wonder people can't tell what bathroom to use they don't even know the difference between guys and girls jeans!!!

18. The 90's sucked.
    The best thing about the 90's was the alternative movement in music, but if you liked Alternative Rock in the 90's you probably think the 90's sucked too.