Are we allowed to post dreams here?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by mr sebastior, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Are we allowed to post about our dreams here in this forum?
    To maybe analise them or maybe just share a dream you had

If we're not allowed to do that, please link me to another forum or the right part of the forum or something like that, yeah?

Maybe even a legit forum about just dreams

Thanks in advance

2. There's no rules about dream posting prohibition here my friend lol. This is a free space, you can talk about whatever you want. This is the spirituality and philosophy section, so dreams fall in here perfectly. Go for it

3. i would be down to have a discussion about dreaming. i don't know where to begin though.

4. Are dreams your unconcious mind relaying information to your concious mind? or something different..

5. Could dreams be another plane of consciousness/reality? or simly a phenomena of the mind?

I have to say a phenomena of the mind. Subjectively we all enter a seemingly other dimension, realm of reality. We have experiences, feel emotions etc. But I think that we only have these experiences because our mind remembers our experience in the waking world.

But really.. how does our mind create such complex, unique intense scenarios that we've never experienced before? It's crazy....

6. I really...REALLY hope not lol

7. you can talk about *almost* anything you want. even this is not a free space, without consequences :eek:

8. Attention: This is the dream police, please refrain from sharing your dreams. If you continue to do so, I will have to step in and confiscate your memories on behalf of the United States Federal Dream Reserve.

9. [quote name='"DeadRock"']Attention: This is the dream police, please refrain from sharing your dreams. If you continue to do so, I will have to step in and confiscate your memories on behalf of the United States Federal Dream Reserve.[/quote]

.... LiAnardo Dicaprio?

10. Inception stuff.
    I think dreams are a reflection of your unconscious and conscious mind. And it's sometimes hard to figure out which one it is. Sometimes people get an appifany or warnings through dreams. I almost never dream or at least I don't remember them

11. Dreams are illegal!

12. I believe dreams are like a second life in which actions are practiced and by doing so helps improve your waking conscious.

13. I've had some fucked up dreams. I either don't dream (well like most people will say, you always dream, you just don't always remember :p ) or I get sucked into the dream and remember everything. It's never vivid like I only remember bits and pieces, it's all or nothing for me.

I've had some crazy dreams where I just wake up and just stare into space for a few minutes, they are soo fucking intense. I just recall what happened in the dream and it felt so intense, so life like. I've seen people killed in my dreams and I swear to god I was actually witnessing it like it was reality.

14. Dreams are just our brain's way of practicing survival while we're sleeping and vulnerable. Dreams replay a lot of stressful real life obstacles too , eventually you win and feel resolved and peaceful.

Yay dreams!

15. I had a dream just last night where I went into the bathroom to look in the mirror, saw my reflection, then suddenly realized I was dreaming, so I decided to try flying through the roof like superman. I ended up just jumping up and down then waking up. It was kind of disappointing.

16. I had a crazy dream last night. Started out good, ending in the most horrific way. It's crazy how intense the dream seems to our consciousness and thus our body. I woke up and my heart was racing like crazy. It's like the adrenaline i experienced in the dream scenario got shot straight to me real body.

It's like they say... if you die in the matrix, you die in real life too. Lol, not to that extent. But isn't it crazy how when you fall in love, or have some exstatic experience in your dream that carriers over to when you wake up? Or vice versa? That unsettled fucked up feeling from your dream carries over?

It's so trippy man, dreams are one of the trippiest things I think we can contemplate about our existence. It's like we're so sure about our identity as being solid things in this world... but when we dream that is thrown out the door completely and we become something totally else in a totally different universe. It's ridiculous

17. I had one last night where i was back in school.. history class with a 'hybrid' teacher (it was like 3 people, a mix of past history teachers) and we had to take a shit load of notes. I was sitting by my current girlfriend, and she was taking notes profusely. I scribbled a few facts down. The teacher got upset because some students werent writing them all down.

I jumped up and started making noises amd talkin loud.. "Cmon we need to spice this up! I'm bored as fuck! We dont learn like this!!"

He told me to sit down and shoe him my notes.. so i told him to fuck off because he was just regurgitating a textbook the school supplied.. I told him I was going to leave and went on a rant, then left.

Lol not very dramatic but a dream nonetheless

18. [quote name='"flyingMYplane"']I had one last night where i was back in school.. history class with a 'hybrid' teacher (it was like 3 people, a mix of past history teachers) and we had to take a shit load of notes. I was sitting by my current girlfriend, and she was taking notes profusely. I scribbled a few facts down. The teacher got upset because some students werent writing them all down.

I jumped up and started making noises amd talkin loud.. "Cmon we need to spice this up! I'm bored as fuck! We dont learn like this!!"

He told me to sit down and shoe him my notes.. so i told him to fuck off because he was just regurgitating a textbook the school supplied.. I told him I was going to leave and went on a rant, then left.

Lol not very dramatic but a dream nonetheless[/quote]

Wow that's a damn uneventful dream. When I remember mine it's either some crazy imaginationland or about some girl. Just remembered I wrote a dream down in my ipod notes! To the ipod!

19. Sometimes i have dreams about dying. Not painful.deaths...its more focused on the losing consciousness aspect, and how that's the end of your existence. Though of course i never get to that part completely lol. But yeah...fuck those dreams. I suppose im not too fond of losing my self awareness. (i don't care to discuss afterlife matters....i don't believe in it.)

20. Yea I've been having some fucking CRAZY dreams lately.

I had one the other night where I was having a great night with my friend and his girlfriend (not like that fuckin pervs). We were hanging around and a bunch of events and random shit was happening, but all was well. Then at the end his girlfriend got hit by a motorcycle crossing the street at night... right in front of me and my friend.

Then my friend went over to her on the ground and started crying... then I woke up.

:eek:

I was like WTF???? I woke up, my heart was beating. I was like why the fuck did my mind come up with THAT shit? Shit had my heartrate GOING... it's just like in the matrix. You die in the matrix you die in real life. My heartrate and real-life sensations were caused by my consciousness's experience in the dream world. Fuckin CRAZY.

Just shows that we are not our bodies or our conscious minds. We are still "us", we are still "watching", we are still "aware" in our dream world, just as much as we're aware in the real world. Therefore whatever we are must be that same essential thing that exists both in the real and dream world... and that thing is the pure awareness of experience.

Later I thought about why that must have come up... then I remember watching the video about teh soccer player Muamba that collapsed on the field from a heart failure and he looked limped and dead... and the players around him with crying and looking so sickened and worried and distressed.

I think those faces is what my subsconscious registered and then transfered that to my buddies face when he saw his girlfriend get hit... by a fucking motorcycle. Like at 2 in the morning. In a residential neighborhood.

Dreamsa re fucking nuts haha :smoke: Lucky I've had better selection every night since then lol