Are we all just that lazy?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by alwaysdown, Aug 14, 2011.

1. If you think at this current time that the citizens run the government, I think you are sorely mistaken. They are taking more and more of our freedoms away in increments.

But yes, the original spirit of America is a citizen run government. We need to retain it to it's original state, and have another Renaissance. Falling for our system of voting is only going to benefit them.

Fortune 500 companies, Big Pharma, Big Oil, Anheuser Busch, etc, will do everything in their power to try and stop legalization. We need to be aware of that..

2. I am in California. I have my recommendation. I don't need to do anything! :smoke:

I do my "Granny's List" (click that first link in my sig if you don't know what I am talking about)and more!

Run a search for "Granny Storm Crow"
    and see what kind of an impact ONE little old lady can do! My List is sent to Russia, South Africa, Australia, Brazil, the UK, Sweden, Norway and several others I can't think of right now!

There are over 400,000 blades in GrassCity. What would happen if all of you all put in 1/10 of the effort I do? :smoke:

Consider this a challenge! I have shown you what I do- show me what you are doing to get cannabis legal! Are you registered to vote? have you written a politician? Sent some studies to your doctor? Speak up and encourage other to do the same! :yay:

:gc_rocks: Now let's rock the world!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 3

3. i believe people like you are the reason i cant take my bong off my property.

4. politics has come a long way, we do have medical use in many states. even with the various impediments of some state programs, this in itself is quite a change.
    I'm old enough to remember when some states gave out long sentences for a couple of seeds. smokers do have to continue to be visible and politically outspoken in local politics if they intend to keep the gains they have made.

5. I hope you will also consider signing petitions and sending emails to all your representatives! All that can be done without leaving your computer chair! No one can be so lazy as to not do at least that.

If you haven't asked your representative and senator to support policy change, what are you waiting for? Sign petitions then send emails. Write one good letter, copy/paste and send to all!

6. this.... not trying to be negative but if weed was going to be legalized it would have been done a long time ago IMO... these politicians don't give a fuck about what people want, there to concerned about their own pockets. as long as capitalism and greed run this country something that is free, natural, beneficial, safe, and 10000000000000 less damaging then the drugs out won't be legalized.

it's mind blowing how crazy these laws are.......... how could you make a FUCKING PLANT illegal?

7. Hey you wanna trade states?

8. I vote GrannyStormCrow for President 2012!!!:metal:

9. I would say in general, no. There is always more that can be done of work, but overall I think the issue is getting pushed hard. I would say it's more to do with us pot smokers not playing their lawmakers & corporate The united states games aka using their money to get lobbyists to push for beneficial policy owner.

10. my hold up has always been that i don't want to send letters to congressmen and state legislators while i have a stash of dope.

not lazy, just too paranoid about drawing attention......

it's a damn conundrum!

11. I've been writing reps, and signing petitions since before I started smoking daily over two years ago. I'm also pretty vocal about my true feelings concerning our drug policies and their dire need for reform. My children are in 5th grade, and high school Sophomore, and they know all about drugs, their different effects on the human body and mind, and how I feel about a person's right to use them without questioning why. In turn, they are vocal about these things at their schools and with their classmates. Despite all of that, no one has ever showed up on my door step to arrest me, serve me with a search warrant, or so much as voice their disagreement. I have received one phone call, last year which was my daughter's first year of high school, and it was the school secretary. She wanted to know if I knew that my daughter had refused to sign the consent form for random drug tests? I said I sure did, and I'm not signing it either. It was a short, and to the point, conversation that ended as quickly as it began, but with the secretary shocked in silence. And that's it.

Trust me, no one is coming to get you unless you're dealing thousands of dollars worth of drugs.

12. HELL YES!!! I am doing all of this tomorrow. I have always not wanted to draw too much attention to myself. But fuck that. I would much rather express my views and get things accomplished than stay quiet and be restricted by the selfish government. It would be amazing and would definitely have an impact on the thoughts of citizens and lawmakers alike if we stood up and spoke up for what we believe in all at once.

13. i might be. which is why i trust NO ONE or am interested in drawing any attention to myself!

it's just not something you can lobby anonoymously. i think a lot of us lazy folk would lobby if we could do it without any fear.

the closest and best chances we get are when something gets thru the lobbying and actually ends up as a proposition/referendum. that is when you can vote without fear.

until that happens in my state, i'm glad people like you are doing other things to work tword the goal. thanks!

14. @Pearl75 specifically:

They will come and get you if someone calls and reports your for even an ounce. DEA, for sure, won't waste the resources. They are the most powerful spy organization in the world afterall. The local Drug Warriors, though, will kick down your door without a warrant, beat the hell out of you, take your children and stick you in a holding cell. When you get to court, they will claim you let them in.

Remember, there are small-time local cops all over the place. Your gram is points towards their achievement rating. Really, it's not unlike any game. They will get you with anything and everythin they can stick you with. Just becasue it small-time / local doesn't mean the process in any less devastating.

If you have ANY amount of a scheduled substance, you are in danger, period.

15. To all with the fears, I assure you, writing letters to state and federal legislators and signing petitions will not bring anyone to your door. Legislators do not turn your name in to the authorities. Commenting on news articles will not bring anyone to your door, use a screen name. But God forbid - if something happens to you, like an injury, and friends come to help you, looks like traffic, they think you must be dealing drugs, then the cops come breaking the door. So speak up while you can before it is too late and you wish you had.

16. The government has got us by the short hairs! They don't have to do a damn thing to keep weed illegal; it's the drug itself that makes us all too lazy to take action to legalize it. And they know it too!

17. #37 seabourne, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    We need to all make it very clear to them we will only vote for cannabis freindly candidates! I make it clear in every letter I write and I inform them all that there is a movement underway to only vote for cannabis friendly candidates. When they hear that enough, they will open their mind. Let them know they will be voted out. They are there to do the will of the people! They just need to know that is in fact what the people want. They have spent their lives listening to the propaganda. Educate them all!

A paragraph from my last letter:
    There is a movement underway in the nation to vote only for cannabis-friendly candidates. Various groups are discussing forming a new political party and 2 such parties have already been started. There is the Tea Pot party and the MJ party. 48-56 % of the nation favor total legalization and 74-86% favor medicinal use, depending on the polls. It is time consider it and might be political suicide to not. There are several groups tracking which politicans are friendly on the topic and which ones will not open their mind.

You would be amazed at how many took notice.

I have also pointed out:
    Who Supports Legalization?
    Huffington Post author Scott Morgan in his blog titled," If You Think Supporting Marijuana Legalization Is Political Suicide, You're Wrong", wrote of Indiana State Senator Karen Tallian. When the 60-year old mother of three first discussed the idea of introducing a bill to look at legalizing cannabis, she was warned by colleagues in the state house that it would kill her chance for re-election.

However, the Senator believed there might be support for taking the crime out of marijuana, so she sent an informal e-mail survey to her constituents. In 72 hours, she received more than 2,000 responses. Almost all of them were supportive of treating marijuana like alcohol.
    "I was floored by the response," Tallian said. Emboldened by the support, Tallian filed a bill last January to begin a serious conversation.

Speak up - be heard loud and clear! Be polite, give them information. I have one legislator that has emailed me back telling me he saves all my emails, because they are so informative. Find great articles, or recent studies, make it a part of your letter. They must be educated to the point they can no longer send the form letter claiming the bullshit. They need to know we know the truth, prove it to them. We are not stupid cattle they can keep feeding the same propaganda to, we demand they take the science into consideration. The US government has paid for so many studies, each one brings the same results, there is no reason that it should be illegal, it is safer than alcohol. It is time to base drug policy on science not ideology.

18. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJVewWbeBiY[/ame]

19. Dryice - Love it, we are an army of ants! We will change the laws! Great inspiration!

20. Sadly its not that easy. There are too many people with power that benefit from it being illegal from local police station that get federal funding to private prisons that get paid to lock up growers/dealers. Its going to take some drastic changes in our government before its legal, at least on a federal level.