Are we all gods?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by rbalmer289, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Or is it just me because bitch. Im fabulous!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It's just you. But what if you is everyone else? Everyone is God... Because they are you?

3. Ware wa Kaneda

4. #4 Hellion, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

You lame joke sucks.

Back to the pony thread with you.

5. No, but could gods have been humans?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. What if each of us are the masters of our own reality, and everyone else are just versions of who they appear to be? Would make us all potential gods once we figured that out, realised our true nature.

7. #7 darksicilian, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013

No matter ones' belief, interpret as you may but I've always tied my belief around that to first unlocking the true potential of the human brain - something we still don't fully understand or can unlock.   Once we can get past that 'roadblock' I absolutely subscribe to this potential and understanding of the universe as a whole and using the 'power' that we have .... as a whole.  Ties to another thread around mastery ... It can't be done as one part of the whole.  I don't know what that really means though, i.e. like "parallel computing" we're all connected and as such as one part of 'the whole' in unison with others being as such, you can absolutely wield that power.

Update:  that sounds too much like physic power or premonition type abilities., that's not what I mean...it's a bit deeper than that I think.

8. Or what if we could merge ourselves with the so named 'gods'?

9. .. depends on what you mean by 'god'. ;)

10. No, we are not gods. The reason for that is gods don't exist.

We possess the same virtues and abilities attributed to god-figures in various religions that allow them to touch the world deeply with their mindfulness and transform suffering with insight into its origins and its interplay with the world.

We have those abilities. All the peace and joy attributed to God or gods actually just lives in us as a natural part of our mind.

"God" is just a part of a system of skillful means. The seeds of wisdom exist in everyone... just a matter of watering the right seeds.

11. Even in jest that is dangerous statement.

12. Im my own god

13. Do you believe in Zeus? or Poseidon?Athena? Ares? Seems foolish right to belive these gods had mythical powers, yet people but jesus and his father on a pedastal. blows my mind lol

14. Why?

15. Because of the utter destruction, the total annihilation.

16. #16 deskjetf240, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    The polytheistic idols were assigned an area of control and were generally given to being somewhere within our reality and they were given physical form from human imagination. The Creator is omnipotent, He does not need to be The God of this, that and the other. We do not give Him form, as we can neither imagine Him nor does He have any need for form. He doesn't need to be given a list of abilities and powers because He can do all things, all not being finite as The Omnipotent has no limitation.

Jesus may peace be upon him was a man, A great and beloved man. He, though, is not the begotten son of God, It is that God just says to a thing "Be" and it is. 'Begetting' is a creation of God and God is entirely separate from creation, with us through his knowledge only.

He is outside of our existence and therefore not subject to any parameter, law or process (all of which are creations) of our reality so attempting to use measures of our reality to reconcile God's Omnipotence is useless. In fact, attempting to reconcile any reality of God is impossible, our capacity can never extend further than our reality obviously because our capacity does not exist beyond our reality.

17. It shall happen soon.

18. We are an extension of god

19. I don't know why I feel like biting this cat...