Are we all animals

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by jonzing4ever, Feb 14, 2013.

1. #1 jonzing4ever, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
    I was thinking of this stoned out of my mind and like I analyzed that each and every single one of us represent an animal in the way we act and look... Like did we evolve from dogs and tigers To become human?

2. According to evolution all life on this planet has evolved from single celled organisms. Trace things back far enough and there are only seven groups of life. Go even farther back an there are less.

3. Yes. Yes we are

4. It's fucked up I find...I remind myself of like a dog sometimes loll. Some people look like birds and others like whales damn

5. We are just animals.

6. Oh totally bro

7. We are animals who don't believe we are animals, it's why our planet is in ruin and we are on the verge of destroying it.

8. this is true

we believe because of our intelligence, we superior compared to the rest of life. and it is not humanity that is the plague, it is the ignorance that followed

9. Well humans are pretty superior to any other life force on this Earth. Please try and make an argument against it.

And I'm having a difficult time following this topic, because of the sheer stupidity that surrounds it.

10. Theres something at the top of every list.

11. How about you explain how you aren't an animal? You are a natural being born of nature who needs nature in order to survive, your superior intellect doesn't dismiss you of that.

12. but the bible says...

;)

13. if you're being serious, i'd advise you to delete your post and take your ignorant religious beliefs out of the philosophy section

14. Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.

15. don't fuck with me, soldier

you and i both know sarcasm doesn't exist on the internet

16. #16 Mairuzu, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    We are all living earth beings. All animals differ as well as plants bacteria and insects.

Explain! Lol

17. Yeh but that's OK we are part matter like the universe and can transcend this human shell and be reunited with our maker..... ;)

18. We may be smart and hide from our problems with our sheltered lives but that doesn't make you better than any other animal I dare you to go to the country and catch your food with your bare hands and mouth and try to eat that shit raw you aren't superior to any animal son

19. ARE WE HUMAN??

Or are we dancers

20. #20 SniperKitty, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    Because we don't believe ourselves to be animals and natural beings. We destroy our only home.

We've built cities, walls, electricity, hell most of the food we eat isn't even food, and we've evolved to feel separate from the Earth. No matter the weather, no matter the pollution and problems the Earth is facing, we (at least in the richer countries) are left completely unharmed, unaffected by it. The oil drilling, the destruction of our soils, the attack on our ancient forests, the pollution from our air, oceans, drinking water, and farm lands, our planet can not take much more of it. In the next 100 years we are due for a massive problem for humanity because we won't have a place to plant food, any clean water, no clean air, no inhabitable environments.

We are pampered, we believe this unsustainable life can go on forever and we never look to see what it's doing to the planet. We believe we can live on it how we please, we are not animals, we are immune to nature. If you believe nature isn't important, then try counting your money while holding your breath.

We aren't immune to what we do to the planet, just because we can't see or feel the effects that are felt by every system now on the planet, doesn't mean we won't be effected by it soon. Our technology is great, our use of it is disastrous. We need the planet to survive, there is no planet B, and the use of our technology to destroy instead of discover and create makes it almost impossible to find a planet B in enough time to save our society. Our lives our unsustainable, yet we have the technology and resources to give abundance to everyone in a sustainable efficient way.

Our brilliance doesn't make us any different than animals, our brilliance gives us a sworn duty to make sure this planet is inhabitable for everything and everyone. We need bees alone to pollinate almost 2/3 of the world's food, all animals have a purpose, even if it's not directly related to us. We believe to be conquerors of the planet, when we are supposed to be stewards of the Earth. We live and need this planet just as any other animal, but because of our intelligence we have a higher purpose here than any other animal, that doesn't make us better, it makes us completely responsible for all life on Earth including our own. We keep down this road, there won't be any us, there won't be any animals, and we will be the only ones to blame: the animals who couldn't evolve to see their connection to Earth and their purpose on it before they destroyed it for all the other animals who evolved and lived on it fine before we showed up.