Are we addicted to weed/drugs?!

Discussion in 'General' started by dream, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Im starting to think the leafs addictive. Either from the good times, or the understanding of the world you recieve from weed ( that's an illusion which you pay for, you really aren't expanding your consious and gaining a new level of understanding!)

I mean ive done the leaf 3 times so far and wow Ive been thinking about it ALOT and how much I want to light up some more stuff all the time.

I don't know guys, I mean DAMN, they say drugs are bad for a reason right?

Deep down some of us might know, that weeds no good.?

I mean ive got a job, girlfriend, decent grades, and this drug thing could mabe do some damage to all that.

anyways im just unsure and posting this here so yeah...

2. dude i agree, weed doesn't make you "higher" it just temporarly creates different thought processes which create a different view on things and the way you function

the shit is mentally addictive, but if you're strong enough, you can quit easily

3. weed itself is not addictive

but people with addictive personalities find weed as theyre drug of choice

and in those small cases yes it is addictive

4. Weeds good, not addictive though. I smoked weed from grade 10 up until September 4th of this year, then I just quit cause I needed to focus on college. 2 more exams and I can light up again:D

:hello:eric:hello:

5. I can easily say weed has had a positive impact on my life for sure.

I've hadto stop for several few month stretches and had no issues doing it at all.

6. it may have had a positive impact on youre life ^^^^

but there are plenty of untold stories i bet

like i said people with addictive personalities are the ones who get addicted even though weed itself isnt addictive

its when you start blowing off your gf, job, and all that that it gets to be a problem

7. Im way more addicted to booze.

I rember a time when i had jus bought a liter of booze with my last $12 which included bottles (back in the broken days) and it jus smashed on the ground at my crib before i even opened it.

I fuckin flipped, I called so many people sayin i need money NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW flipppin the fuck out ready to fuckin rob or kill somebody to get my fix.

Thas addiction.

Trees man, I jus know i can come home after week and smoke some trees and im jus chilled out. I know i gotta budget shit cuz i cant afford it like i used to. Aient like im robbin people for tree money.

Alchs way worse then trees man.

I see minimal problems with my tree habit.

8. No... Weed has helped me in so many ways, and got me through tough shit, it's also fun.

9. As mentioned above, weeds not addictive, it's the person who likes it to much and uses it for everything.

Marijuana is good, it's not bad remember that.

But it CAN be bad if the person using it isn't in the right frame of mind and so on, you get my drift.

10. Anything you like doing can be habitually addictive, doesn't matter if it's watching football, doing needlepoint, or posting on GC. If you're passionate about something you'll want to be doing it and you'll want to hang out with people who feel the same way.

If that's an ok thing for people with other passions then why should it not be an ok thing for marijuana connoisseurs? The real questions should be a) is it chemically addictive like alcohol, b) does it cause negative health consequences like tobacco, and c) is it having a negative affect on your life.

No one can deny the answer to a) is "no". The answer to b) is also "no" - there's now a ton of research proving beyond question that marijuana is not only safe to use but contains properties that protect users from cancers and other diseases like alzheimer's. The answer to c) will be different for each of us. Responsible use would dictate that if we find it's interfering with other parts of our lives then we cut back or take a break - no need to arrest 800,000 people every year, no need to spend $10 billion every year in criminal justice expenses, no need to divert $113 billion every year into the hands of criminals, and no need to deny society of the $31 billion annual tax revenue that it's currently missing out on. That's a hell of a lot of schools and free college education that taxpayers are throwing away.

..yes they do, and by 'they' I assume you mean the ONDCP, and I'm assuming the 'reason' you're talking about is section (12) of the Reauthorization Act which stipulates that the ONDCP shall "take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that-- A. is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812); and B. has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration;"

Take such actions as necessary simply means do everything within the enormous power of the United States Government to prevent marijuana from being legalized. This easily includes spreading misinformation about it, destroying dispensary property to deny dying people of their medicine, and, for thirty years, blocking all research into its safety and medicinal uses.

They say it's bad because it's part of their job description to do so.

Before I bore you completely, you have to remember who "they" are before you believe what they say. "They" are the ONDCP and the pro-prohibition organizations, and they have blood on their hands. Every year the legal drugs tobacco and alcohol kill half a million people in this country. Marijuana, on the other hand, is so non-toxic that researchers have not been able to establish an LD50 for it. In the entire 200,000 year history of humanity there is no evidence that marijuana has ever killed a single person. By keeping marijuana illegal "they" are preventing alcohol and tobacco users from choosing a safe way to get high and are therefore responsible for their deaths.

11. I'm not addicted to weed, I haven't smoked in 3 months.

12. You probobly just feel a little guilty, i mean you really havent had many experiences with it so you dont really know what to expect from it, your tollerence is probobly really low as well which could mean you are getting to high, and also it makes you think a lot, however, i will say this, you wont even get adicted to heroine if you only do it three times probobly, not unless you have a massivly adictive personality, its often to find that people new to smoking think they need a fix, i remember i smoked a mate out about five times, and they got really stressed out one day and said "I need a spliff," its because people expect it to have that effect on them, they expect to need a relaxing effect, and that is mental addiction at its most basic stage.

13. Completely disagree.

14. the reason weeds addictive is because it makes you feel better when you're high. after a while, the slightest thing that upsets you is a reason to spark up. starts out on weekends, then every other day, then everyday. you start to think you can't have fun without weed, and everything else in life just seems dull and boring when your not high.

edit: theres also the addiction to the 'ritual' of smoking. thats a big reason ciggs are addicting. people are so used to lighting a stick, putting it in their mouths and sucking ;P

15. I don't think weed is physically addicting at all, some people just enjoy smoking every day like I do :smoke:

They say drugs are bad because most of them were made illegal for discriminating purposes, weed has never and will never kill anyone, it's safer to use then alcohol or cigs for that matter.

As long as you go to school and do your work it won't affect you, I'm in college with a 3.8 GPA and I smoke all day every day :hello:

You've only smoked weed three times right? If you find you don't like it don't use it, but most people really don't get the full effects of herb until you've smoked it a few times, then you get really baked and just have fun :)

Just as with everything it's about self control, if you don't have much then you really shouldn't do anything that hinders your day to day activities. I mean me for an example, I can take a test tripping balls off mushrooms and get an A, should I have gone to class tripping? Probably not, but did it effect my schooling? Not in the least!

16. That may be the case for some, but its certainly not the case for all of us. Using your theory, the same could be said for why food is addictive, or pills, or alcohol, or cigs, or gambling, etc.

It has very little to do with marijuana, and quite a bit to do with the individual using it.

17. are you serious?
    The vast majority of people don't light up because something's upset them, they light up because it's a relaxing, enjoyable thing to do.
    And exactly who thinks they can't have fun without weed? ..while a lot of fun things are more fun with weed, this in no way means we need weed to have fun. That's a crazy thing to say.

..wake up in the morning, have a few laughs with the olds, go off and rip a few bowls with friends ..notice how we have fun before and after weed? Your scenario is simplistic and inaccurate.
    Sorry, maybe you're playing devil's advocate? ..don't mean to hate ya.

18. Hey, if weed is addictive, I am glad I am addicted to that rather than H or some shit

19. I agree 120% with everything you just said.

20. 120%? Damn that's impressive LOL :D