Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

are vaporizers worth the money?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by c-hmny, Dec 8, 2009.

1. #1 c-hmny, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
    so i've been thinking about getting a handheld vaporizer but i don't know if it's truly worth the price. do you really save that much green and get higher by using a vape (this is what i've been told)?

also is a butane powered vaporizer really that much better that an electric one? the guy at my local shop insisted that the $270 butane powered vape he had in stock was miles ahead of the electric one and it would last much longer and never give me any problems.

thanks for the feedback. :smoke:

2. vapes are cool work great... they do save a little... but most of all its good for people with respitory problems.... because from my experiences you get the vaporizer get super excited use it for a couple weeks and stack it in the corner and pull it out a couple times a year... so what it comes down to is personal preference

3. Of course the guy at the shop told you what you wanted to hear, he wants to sell his products :smoke:
    A Vaporizer does not combust the plant matter, it just boils off the thc and other stuff that gets you crazy high without filling your lungs with horrible smoke. You'll use 1/3 to 1/2 as much weed and get higher too.

I picked up a da buddha for $139 and when it gets here I plan on writing a review.

4. #5 abnormldood, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
    Determining if it's worth it or not all comes down to personal preference. If you like a heavy, Indica type high you're going to be naturally turned off by vapes. Since more THC activates than cannibinoids with vapes, they produce a more Sativa "up" high, even in most Indicas.

The second determining factor is the efficiency of the vape. I don't know anything about butane vapes but I wouldn't think they would be as efficient as a well-built electric vape. Butane would, in theory, have hotspots and variance in temperature, resulting in lower efficiency.

I can get baked off of .1g(.05g even) in my PD vape, lets see you do that with a "butane vape". I would recommend going for a Da Buddha, or if you can, get ahold of a Purple Days, but don't count on it.