Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are tolerance breaks worth the effort?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skatealex2, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Breaks are totally worth it.

A tip for those struggling for the first few days/weeks of a t-break, use a hookah daily on your T-break. I never enjoyed my hookah more.

These are why I love t-breaks:
    1.Save money. That's the MOST important thing. When you don't need to spend up to $100 a week on bud, you will be able to buy a lot more once your break ends.
    2.It actually DOES help you lose your tolerance.
    3.You use your hookah more than you ever had before.

I treat my hookah like a nicotine patch on a T-Break. everytime I wanna blaze, get the hookah out. Equally relaxing experience and you get a slight buzz from it. It's not a high, but it's nice.

2. Well I play a sport so for two months prior and then the actual 3 months of the season but that is a little extreme for a tolerance break. But that first high the day the season is over is the greatest feeling in the world by far!

3. I suprise myself with how high I get sometimes, theres been a few times I've been close to getting as high as I was the first time I smoked, but now it only lasts around an hour. The first time I smoked, I took one bong hit and didn't feel "sober" again until almost 24 hours later... It wasn't until I started smoking every day as opposed to once a week that I started to build up more of a tolerance. I would get high at night and wake up 6 hours later still high which made for an amazing wake and bake if I smoked when I first got up.

4. if you think taking a break takes too much effort, then thats a problem.

5. I'll just say that i took a 4 day break after smoking ever day all day for like 6 months.. i smoked a blunt last night and was fuckin stoned out of my mind... it was the best body high i have had in a longgg time.. it was almost too intense.. i was stoked to say the least

6. :hide::hippie:

7. not smoking is way easier than you think... I take a 2 week tbreak about 3-4 times a year just when ever I feel I need one. I have had no problem nor any craving to just break down and go smoke, just keep your mind occupied. If your bored then you'll be thinking about smoking

8. When I use to smoke very heavily I took a week tolerance break every month. Now I don't smoke anywhere near my old sef, I just medicate when it's needed.

9. are you a human or wat race are you because that is a straight up retorical question. are tolerance breaks worth the effort. i was gonna answer but im not gonna give in to your immaturity you dumb son of a b........ naw haha but really tho who even thinks of a question like that

10. they got a pill for that

nah that'll be the day

11. Heroin? according to this ad at least- [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSSfSwr0T4]YouTube - Drug Ad[/ame]

12. i found that smoking out of a hookah gives me a horrible headache a few hours after blazing. anyone have an idea why this happens?

13. Im at just starting month 2 of my 3 month t-break... Well drug testing really.
    After smoking for two or three years, this is the longest I've gone without the herb. I was never really able to go very long on my t-breaks before this (the longest probably about 9 days).
    Its tough and I cant wait to smoke but Im sure it will be amazing when I can again! Mmmmmmmmm Colorado weeeeeeed I miss you!

14. Same thing happens too me. Too much nicotine in one sitting??

15. I was in jail recently for a week. (unpaid ticket) and I smoked the day I got out, man I was high as a fucking kite.

16. I like to do what my wife and I call a 4/20 sched. We smoke everyday 2-3 times on weekdays then splurge on weekends for 20 days, then take a 4 day T-Break. Works out pretty well, keeps us both pretty stoned, and 4 days isnt to bad.

17. If i could quit for a month and get used to not not living my life stoned I don't think I would ever return to it. Everytime I have a T break and 'cut down to weekends' I just fall back into my old habbit of smoking every day. It's really fucking my lungs up and making me dopey and slow.

18. Too much nicotine.

Too many people forget to breathe after hitting the hookah. You really gotta take deep breaths of fresh air. It's supposed to be a relaxing activity, and that's because of the deep breaths you take while smoking the shisha, and afterward when you've passed the hose along to someone else.

19. #39 skatealex2, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2009
    i have around .5 of diesels left. i think when i my stash is finished im gonna take my long needed break. i think the reason i always fail my breaks is because it is too tempting to smoke when you are relaxing and have dank nugs and two bongs and a vaporizer in your closet. ill save a piece or two of weed though in case i ever need it medicinally [​IMG]

20. I find that if you mix up what strains you are smoking it really helps stop you from getting too much of a tolerance break.  Sadly I am on an involuntary tolerance break because I am going to be drug tested soon.  Also if you change the way you are smoking helps too.  I vape some nights and dab others and occasionally some bong rips.  Where I live weed is cheap so tolerance isn't really an issue for me.  :smoking: