Are they starting to flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TobelTobel, Jan 24, 2018.

1. I switched to 12/12 about ten days ago and noticed about a week in that I had a pretty significant light leak that was allowing light to reach the plants. I fixed that up and luckily haven't seen any signs of hermies so now the plants have been on an actual 12/12 schedule for about three days.

I'm having a hard time discerning between new flowers or just new growth.

Hopefully the images are clear enough that someone with a little more experience than me can help me out.

IMG-0045.jpg IMG-0046.jpg

2. give them at least another week ,and you should then be able to see white hairs by the leaf nodes if its a female or little round pollen balls growing if male ,,,,,mac..

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can see the pistils and they're feminized seeds. I just can't tell if those are white pistils of a fresh flower or just new leaf growth in the middle.

4. I can see the pistils and they're feminized seeds. I just can't tell if those are white pistils of a fresh flower or just new leaf growth in the middle.

5. I can see the pistils and they're feminized seeds. I just can't tell if those are white pistils of a fresh flower or just new leaf growth in the middle.

6. i thi
    i think what you can actually see are called stipiles that grow by the leaf nodes ,,the pistills will grow just by them they will come out of some thing like a bulb of an onion with two little white hairs sticking out of it ,any how i wouldnt worry if your growing from femmed seed you'll get a female plant unless the seed came from a breeder who didnt take care when making femmed seed ,,,,mac.

7. You'll know when it starts flowering, each node will have pistils. Or at least most of them.

8. Just an update, they’re floweringggg :) IMG_0157.JPG IMG_0163.JPG IMG_0184.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3