Are they sick? ( pics )

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by qashi, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hi guys!

Just became a member here, and looked around very fast ( prob too fast ) and couldnt fint a sheet with what info you want to know before I scream for help.
    So I will just go ahead and post what I know and hope that I will get some help.
    ( btw im from sweden so if the english aint 100% im sorry )

Im growing 3 Hawaiian Snow, probebly a way to hard strain to start with, what do I know.

They grows in a walk-in closet that has the size 1*2meters ( 3.3*6.5 feets? )

They lives in soil mixed up with some hard brown "balls" ( swedish they are called leca )

They live in 10liter buckets ( 2.6 gallons? )

The "sun" that shines on them are a HPS 400w, it shines 18/6 hours and hangs around 1meter ( 3.3 feets ) from the plants

The temp is around 30C ( 86F ) on the day and on the night im not really sure, but never under 20c ( 68F )

I have on tablefan that blows in there during the time that the "sun" is shineing, I have had it blowing straight on the plants but stoped that a while ago.

I have one little fan in the roof that transports away some of the air in the room, but im not able to have a fan to get new air in to it.

I have been useing Hesi Hydro Mix nutrision but stopped that some days ago and havent given them water since 4 days ago, just gave them little little tapwater some minutes ago, but just very very little.

I have orderd a pH tester, so im sorry for not being able to tell you guys what the pH is on at the moment.

I puted them in ground the 3rd of april and they came up about the 5th or so, so they are about 2 weeks old at this point.

Now to the problem, the "girls" is starting to look little sad, the leaves is curling upwards and they are getting light green and yellow, one of them are haning the leaves down and got a yellow dot.

My thoughts is that:
    • Iv been to early with the nutrision
    • It doesnt get enough magnesium
    • the pH is way wrong
    • and/or cuz of the tablefan has been blowing to much on them

When I get the house to myself im gonna try to flush them, do you think that is a good idea? And do I just have to let loads and loads of water go trough the soil or is it other things to consider?

I post some pics on them so you might plz help me out and say what you guys thinks might be the problem?

I hope you understod some of what I have been saying here^^

Peace Qashi

Attached Files:

2. Don't do much to them at this stage except water with ph'd water at about 6.5 - 6.8. They are too young for messing with adjustments. Wait til there are 4 or 5 sets of leaves and ph the water after you add the nutes for accuracy when you start using the nutrients.
    Be sure when you blow air across them they are vibrating and not flapping in the wind. The vibration helps develop strong stems. If in the next couple of sets of leaves you notice them stretching you may want to lower the light about a foot as they get stronger. If the light is too far away you notice the stretch. If you move it closer do so in increments not more than about 8" at a time.
    Otherwise they all but one look fine and that one may straighten out or not. It isn't unusual to have one that just isn't up to par with the others. Relax and watch. Don't freak if one goes down this young.
    There were some pretty good links posted last week and over the weekend that may be helpful to study on for when you actually have troubles.
    Good luck.

3. Thanks for a fast and great awnser mate!
    It calmed me down a lot, took a look at the girls just awhile ago and it seems that they might be going in the right direction, im just so afriad to overwatering them...
    Can you link the posts you talked about, would be great!

Peace!

4. when you water them soak them through. Do not water them again until they need it. Think of lettuce when it starts to get droopy. You don't really want to eat it when it wilts but if you soak it in water it is fine. So if it takes 1 day or 10 days to use the water, (the weight of the pot is a good way to tell) wait for it to use the water you give it and then "soak it through". Soil is like a sponge if it is damp it will soak it up right away, if it is on the dry side much will run off before it starts soaking in. If you just put a little on the soil could be wet and dry patchy and this can cause appearance of nute deficiencies when in fact the delivery is flawed in the patchy moisture. If you need to use a pan but do not allow them to sit in water very long. Drain excess after an hour or half hour.. I personally don't like them to go more than 3 days w/o using water up. Pot size is the key to that. If they are using more than every other day it is either hot or root bound (no problem repot in the next one or 2 sizes up no more) or it has lots of good air flow or likely all 3.

I think this gal is doing some good advice. She does hydro but I find I can apply much of her knowledge to the soil applications. There are also some good pictures in there.
    www.growweedeasy.com go through all the tabs.

Chart of the Effect of Soil pH on Nutrient Availability

posted yesterday
    Action Mode, Deficiency & Toxicity of the 17 Essential Nutrients

Don't get too freaky on them when a little thing goes wrong. Many times the problem is fixed by the time you see the problem surface. You have to be patient and calm. If it is progressing after the first sign of trouble. Then you probably still have the problem if it doesn't progress in 3 days it is probably fixed. You are going to get bad leaves, you are going to have little toes stubs here and there. Just don't freak out. People will help you. There are a lot of good blades that go to this site though the guy who runs it is MIA, everyone there on that thread are excellent growers.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/595036-freakbros-pest-plant-pit-stop.htmlIf you can get to know some of these fellows they will have your back. They are never rude or condescending like on some threads.
    You can contact me if you need to I know there are better growers out there but I'm here if you need me and I can try to get you the help you might need. Wharf btw is very good at the technical stuff and he posts often in that thread.

5. Thank you so so much! Feels great to know that you have my back on this! lowerd the lights a little before and gave them some water with a little fresh citrus in it, they looks healthyer to day I think. Its great fun this growing ^^ and thanks again!