Are they ready?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by USSChallenger, Nov 19, 2016.

1. My girls are into their 10th week of flowering, breeder says 60 day strain, they don't seem to have changed much in the last week from this:
    [​IMG]
    to this:
    [​IMG]
    They look really done to me but there's zero amber trichomes which is confusing me. So should I let it go longer or chop chop?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm not sure what you're waiting for. The hairs on that are clearly amber, and people seem to like flowering when the hairs are 40% amber, your's look like they're 90% amber.

3. Thanks for the input. I am looking at the trichomes, the pistils i was under the impressiom should be basically 99% receded when the buds are done.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Don't ever go by one thing such as calyxes, trichomes, breeder date or anything else. Look at the plant as a whole, how much water is she drinking now, how much has she grown in the last week, look at the trichomes, calyxes, leaves, bud density. Some people get caught up so much in specifics, she will tell you when she is done.

If you ask me she looks damn sexy and ready to hang bro! Good job!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks! :smoking:

I definitely understand about looking at the whole plant. I was just getting held up over no amber triches cause everyone seems so adamant that you have to watch you triches. Again thanks!

6. I understand bro, some plants wont ever put out amber trichs, some wont stop putting out calyxes, all depends on genetics and phenotype. Speaking of that, what strain is she?

7. Shes a cheese cbd fron Dinafem seeds. First time growing her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plants dont put out Amber trics. Trics turn Amber as they degrade. This will happen to all plants

• Like Like x 1
  9. So why aren't my girls putting out any after 10 weeks? it seems like some of the earlier trichomes should be degrading by now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chop chop done

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just curious how is the plant so small?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. What are you using to look at the trics? what's the magnification?

13. Is the blackening due to vapor pressure deficit (high temp, low RH in this case)?

14. looks ready to me

• Like Like x 2
  15. I LST'd it. Tieing down the branches so they grow horizontally instead of vertically to keep the height down.

I will, Im going to press some of it straight to rosin but ill do a quick trim and weigh first.

A 30x and 60x scope.

I think due to my low nightime temps, 61-64 degrees.

• Like Like x 2