Are they ready yet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kidzgot5wagg, Sep 11, 2018.

1. First grow, 4 plants, Sativa dominant, start of 9th week since switching to flower. Trichs look milky and have very few amber here and there. Can I harvest? Buds don’t really look as fat as I thought they would get.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'll be right over to help you harvest that crop

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frosty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  4. Go to your local grow store and buy a handheld microscope. They are usually pretty cheap. check the trichomes. If you see any amber/red trichomes or starting to turn red/amber, cut it down. When they turn amber is when they start to break down and youll lose potency. All cloudy trichomes are usually prime. especially sativas

• Like Like x 1
  5. I did get a microscope but its really hard to use unless I barely move or shake my hands. They’re more stationary. I saw a few amber trichs like next to none. I just watered them today, should I wait til they dry up?

6. #6 kidzgot5wagg, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Also some of the bottom buds that dont get much light have not swollen yet they have lots of pistils sticking out/airy. 2 plants still have some white hairs sticking out as well as amber hairs. The other 2 also have some white hairs but less and they are starting to curl in. Can I give it another week or more? Can I chop down whatever is ready and leave the airy buds til they are ready?

7. Definately. No water for three days before harvest. Helps speed up drying time Ive found. I harvest when I think theres about 20% amber trichs.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I personally dont worry about the airy buds. I watch the main colas and harvest everything plant by plant when trichs are about 20% amber. I dont want to take the risk of a potency loss.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stagger harvest you can take the buds that are ready and leave the others to finish

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is this the biggest they’re gonna get? Already ending week 9 of flower. How come most of the pics I see the buds connect when they fill in and mine don’t. I’m starting to see trichs turn to amber.

11. Well I’d buy a cheap loupe on your phone but by the one that attaches over your phone camera ,so much easier to see plus you can take a picture and show us we can help you better , it’s all up to you bro depend how you like your high there’s a couple different stages I mean you could harvest now but not harvest all off it up to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Usb micro scope upto 500x is perfect to see them attaches to ya phone nicely

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app