Are they ready yet? 15th week of flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by touchtheskky, Nov 20, 2017.

1. So guys Im posting because I'm trying to figure out whether I should chop these girls down today or let them go for another week or two...
    This is my first time growing and the 2 plants pictured below are approaching their 15th week of flower. The photos aren't the greatest but hopefully they help.

Holy grail:
    [​IMG]

White widow:
    [​IMG]

I've been keeping a close eye on the trichomes and mostly see amber underneath the fan leaves. Occasionally I'll spot a few that are amber towards the tops but for the most part they've remained mostly cloudy. The leaves have already started dying and some of them even crumble when you squeeze them together. I've gotten a bit anxious and have been thinking about cutting them down for the past 2 weeks but still patient enough to wait it out some more...
    what do you guys think I should do?
    The buds have even gotten heavy enough to where I have to hold them up with bamboo!
    And if you look closely you can see that most of the fan leaves have curled back and dried up.

Should I cut em down or let them go another week?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 15 weeks of flower is a long time. How long did you veg the plants?

3. I vegged the holy Grail for about two months and two weeks and vegged the white widow for a little over a month. I also defoliated them which I think is part of the reason why the growth was so delayed

This grow is also an organic grow so when I water I just use water with a touch of pH down. The only things I have added was molasses for about one week and a homemade CO2 generator for about a week and a half in the flowering stage

4. The top two pics look a little young to pic, the bottom ones look ready as best I can tell. In my experience it's normal to have to support the heavier budded branches. They look good, forget about trichomes on the fan/sugar leaves. Just look at the trichomes on the buds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the advice.. when looking at the buds majority of them are cloudy with some clear and a few amber I'd say 60 cloudy, 25 clear, 15 amber

6. I'd probably cut em down if I were in your shoes with those percentages. For me harvest has to align with time and space that I have to dedicate to it so I can't always harvest when I want to.