Are they ready? Huge buds!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Billy249, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Hello!
    I think they're nearly done but need reassurance from fellow bud lovers please. I think there is not enough brown trichomes yet. They smell amazing, buds are huge and firm.
    I have three ladies - first two pics is each ladies buds then a shot of the whole girl to provide perspective.
    The first one is a Iced Widow - the other two I'm not sure.
    Thanks in advance for your opinions and feedback.

Attached Files:

2. Thankyou!

3. Ya I would give those a week or two.

4. Thats what I thought - looking sweet though!

5. Without seeing the trichomes I could only say basses on the pistils and they look ready.

Let me take that back, when I enlarged the photos it looks like the pistils themselves has a redish color instead of white, they have not wilted to Brown.

Yeah watch the trichs.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. The only way to know is to look at the trichomes through a loupe. Looking for the proper percentage of amber in the trichomes.. Anything else is simply a guess. Most strains need to go for at least a couple of months past the time they start to put on buds. White Widow is our main strain right now and it goes about 55 days past the time I first see buds after the flip. How long has your plant been in flower? TWW

7. i would guess another week or two if you don't have a loupe... i think theyll still put on more weight

8. Outdoor grows are so beautiful and lush!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Radio shack sells a cheap 60x100 power hand held microscope for about $15 that is just fine for seeing what you need to.. 50-60 power is what I need to let my old eyes really see the heads for a color check..
    I like big stripes of amber like bad graffiti on a subway car..
    Are you Northern or Southern hemisphere ?? That's either a nice spring crop or the end of a summer down under run..
    So Cal Growers Unite
    Here is the So Cal outside thread you might find some useful info..
    [​IMG]
    My own spring set in Southern California went out about five weeks ago to flower and should finish mid May..

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. There is a cool kids toy called the Eye Clops that
    I use. It makes posting highly magnified shots a breeze.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Im also in so cal. And these autos should be done around the 4th if crop king tells it right. 1461399325167.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. kcwoody2316.
    So Cal Growers Unite
    Here is the So Cal outdoor thread.. Might find a few like minded folk over there..
    Are you doing IPM against the caterpillars ?? (integrated pest management)
    I spray Bonide Thuricide (BT) every week or risk it all..
    [​IMG]
    Green Cure is handy at keeping the Powdery Mildew in check..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

13. Thankyou for the advice. I lost a chunck of bud to a green little catipiler yesterday that had set up shop inside a stem.

14. Thanks for the advice. Whatcha think? How long? Ive never made it to harvest before