Are they ready for the world?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by thewhoman, Mar 22, 2013.

1. So hey there guys! My seedlings are all sprouted and have been under t5 fluros for 2 days now, so they're about 2-3 inches tall. I was wondering can I just stick them outside? I keep reading crap about direct sunlight, but I don't even know what it does to them. I mean it's a beautiful sunny day! might as well let them bask in that shit! they want that shit! they were born to get dat socal sun!

2. i started my plant outside as a seed and it was fine

3. Grow lights don't exist in nature. Direct sun light harming seedlings is inaccurate. Put them outside, you're good to go.

4. Switching plants from artificial lighting to full direct sunlight can certainly harm your plants. It's called sun bleaching.

Taking plants that have been in a climate controlled indoor environment will also become stressed when exposed to the extreme temperature fluctuations that occurr outdoors.

That being said, you should harden off your plants first. This is common practice no matter the type of plant your dealing with (tomato seedlings, MJ, peppers, etc) when going from Indoors to out. All you do is put your seedlings outside, out of direct sunlight for a few hours a day, a little longer each day for maybe 5 days or so. Before leaving them outside. Some plants adjust faster than others, just keep an eye on them.

Now, since your seedlings have only just been started and arent accustomed to indoors too much, and the fact that your in SoCal( milder weather) you probably can put them directly outside without issues. Just realize this isn't always the case and hardening seedlings off reduces stress to your plants which results in faster initial growth.

5. thanks guy I put the seedlings outside yesterday for 2 hours, then inside the rest of the day, today they are near the window getting sun for like 3 hours now and they're loving it! All of them just perked towards the sun beautiful and green! :smoking::smoking::smoking:

6. how cold is it? my news says that 80% of the us is really really cold right now, it even snowed here yesterday.

7. not cold actually, it's hot enough to go to the beach and enjoy it.

good 75-80 in the day and around 45-50 at night