Are these Trichomes Ready?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jamman89, Jun 8, 2018.

1. #1 jamman89, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    vlcsnap-2018-06-07-17h52m36s816.png

I'm not sure if it's just the light from my microscope that is making most of them look cloudy, or if she's truly ripe. Any input/advice very welcome thank you. Also she is on day 46.

2. It depends on what your looking for from your end product people say you get a more couch-lock effect with more amber trichs. But more than 70% is cloudy and this is when others like to harvest it gets down to personal preference. Here is a site that will help. When is the Best Time to Harvest Marijuana Buds? | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 2
  3. I am looking for an uplifting high but I already know what ratios I need. I'll get more specific with my question, what percentage of trichomes seem cloudy to YOU

4. Highest amount of THC(A) is when they are cloudy, or at least that's what the scientific literature states.

Those trichomes look almost ready to me. I think you have reached the harvesting window. Might want to watch them over the next few days. What's the plant look like?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hey thanks for the response, these were taken on Monday, 1st day of week seven.

285831ED-C2AB-4643-9329-9F56C59FFCBD.jpeg F91D946E-106E-4DB2-ABB7-1459B0103165.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. K is for Kronic good job mate!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I prefer amber couch locked i wait till 60% amber. If u want a good uplifting buzz then there ready . U need to flush if u havent started that yet flush for a week or 2 but by then theyll b amber.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thank you trojangrower, and yes I have been flushing with tap. I expected to harvest later but she seems ready or very close at least. I have been checking every day since Monday and today are the first signs of Amber. It seems like maybe there are too many clear trichomes still but I have zero experience, so I really can’t know until I try it

9. The plant will continue to produce new (clear) trichomes even as some turn amber up to a point. I harvested mine when about 70% we're cloudy, and about 15% amber. The remainder we're still clear.

• Agree Agree x 1