Are these to bushy and to close together?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frank17, Sep 19, 2011.

1. I've got an 8 pot Wilma system in a tent so not much room an I didnt realize how bushy these was going to get! Is it ok that there over lapping? And i flipped them
    Over to 12/12 starting today so am
    Hopping they'll just grow upwards now!

Thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. hey... i remember those girls! they are really close and tight... i think you should put the smallest 4 together on the back row. then take the 2 biggest and put them in the front row one all the way left then one all the way right. then install a scrog net and let the middle 2 in the back and the outside front 2 fill in the empty spots in the front center. then you will only have enough only branches to come up through the holes and everything under the net will be plucked off eventually. maybe put the biggest 2 in the front row in the 2nd and 4th seat... i don't know... maybe play with it a bit. they look great, i just think scrog will give you a better yield because you won't have all those little nugs in the bottom struggling for light. they will all be massive colas. you could take a few clones if you want to first... when these ladies are done flowering, you will have 6 more ready to go in. if you decide to scrog, you should let them veg for another few days or even a week while you get the majority of the training done. don't just go and do all this cause i say so please. wait till you have a few other responses. all i know about scrogging has been read not practiced. good luck and once again... great job.

3. Hey thanks for the reply :)

I've just been reading up an the scrog method an if am honest I can't get my head round it at all... I'll have to cut them up I'd panic an be proper worried too!!!

Plus I just flipped them over and started using boost so am not to sure if it's a good idea to go back to 18/6!!!

See this is where I panic an muck everything up!!!

Rite deep breath and read more!

Thanks again for your reply :)

4. I have a simlar setup, using the wilma 8 pot, 1.5 x 1.5 x 2 tent, 600W MH (veg) & 600W hps (flower). 6" intake & 6" extractor fans.
    Pineapple chunk seeds (Indica)
    Im considering doing a scrog grow with this setup and just wondered if anyone had any advise or experince with a similar setup.
    I was going to veg 3 weeks (just throught the net) then switch to 12/12
    Would this be the best method for my setup and have i got the timing of the switch right or should i keep them in veg untill they are well trained through the netting, or do I train through the net while in 12/12, as thats when the strech will occour (I think)

(Possibly an extra 2 x 300w cfl during flower)

Any comments would be appricated.

5. I am currently growing pineapple chunk, and it is a very fat plant, VERY fat.

This picture was taken after 33 days of veg from seed, and only 4 days of flower (so it didnt even start the flowering "boost" of growing)
    [​IMG]

-------------------

As for OP, I grew my plants extremely close together throughout veg. The plants never seemed like they cared. Once I got into flowering, I realized that my plants all were not getting ANY light past the top half, forcing me to take them out of my tent.

For veg its okay, I wouldnt suggest it for flowering if you have no grow methods setup besides just hanging a light over your plants and waiting for results.

[​IMG]

6. Thanks for the info and pic, How many have you got in there and how big is your tent?

I think i will veg them for a couple of weeks and then try the scrog method so i can evenly spread the plants across the screen, then hopefully it will all receive a good amount of light and maybe a couple of 300w cfls around the sides will give it some help. If mine turn out as bushy as yours I wouldnt have thought i'd need to top the plants before going into flower.

7. I had 4 regular plants, and 2 auto flowers in there, my tent size is 39x39x72 ... they got too big when i flippedi nto flower so I had to take them out of my tent.

I only have one pineapple chunk plant, the rest are different strains. I vegged them under a 600w HPS light