Are these the same strain?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HeavensWings, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Okay so I have two of supposedly the same strain... however they look so different I'm begging to wonder if the seed bank got a little lazy and threw any seeds in?

As you can see the first is very thin / long leaved, where the other has very fat wide leaves.

Please help a girl out! :p
    Also the first is 5 weeks old, and the second 3 weeks... don't they look a little small for a hydro grow? They are mainly sativa mind you.

2. #2 HeavensWings, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    They are suppose to be Rhino's 'Pineapple Chunk'

Pictures:

Attached Files:

3. I know breeders sometimes use different females of the same strain to make fem seeds so they could be the same but have different phenos..only way to tell is grow em out

4. #4 Buffalo11024, Dec 23, 2012
    Feminized/selfed seeds are bad for breeding. For a more sucessful pairing the female should not carry hermaphrodite trait. If both parents do carry it offspring may all show herm.

5. #5 Buffalo11024, Dec 23, 2012
    Any f1 hybrid will have at several phenotypes. F2 &F3 being more stable and paired for pheno traits. The only ways not to have mutiple are creating ibl seeds, back crossing. Still has more than one but far less likely to show. Ex grandaddy purple.