Are these smoking tools harmfull?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TurtleWeekend, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Already been said, get a glass pipe. You can't put a price on your health and aluminum is not healthy...

2. the buds in 'the can man' are to be experienced, like i'm smokin about 12% thc weed right now and when those buds come out, it's ringer time, 3/4 times better.[/QUOTE] haha holy effing shit.rofl :poke:

3. Copper is just as bad as aluminum.. they both have low melting points, so there's a chance your inhaling god knows what. Go buy a glass spoon, or a metal pipe, made of steel and a pack of screens.

4. if youre dead set on using homemade pieces i suggest creating a waterfall/gravbong. i dont have the time now to create a guide but search it on here, google it, or pm me

5. You're 18.

Go to a smoke shop and pay 2 dollars for a 1 hitter. Can't waste weed that way.

6. Smoking aluminum is completely safe actually, and doesn't cause any illnesses. They're all urban legends

7. Buy Papers? Cant roll, okay moving on.
    Buy a pipe it costs like 10 bucks.

8. #28 gwardmonger316, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I can't imagine inhaling hot metal is completely safe. I don't know if I buy into the alzheimers stuff, but I know smoking out of foil is much more painful on my lungs, and makes you inhale more than just pot smoke.
    Pack of 50 papers is like, $1.50, and there is a cigarette roller that GC sells for $5. Or an apple.

9. I didnt make that statement without support. Aluminum foil is 99.9% pure aluminum with the .1% being factory/your own residue. On top of that the aluminum burns off at a much higher degree temperature than a lighter can produce. Your only inhaling herb smoke. The only reason that Alzheimer's was thought to come about from smoking aluminum because fragments of aluminum were found in some patients brains

10. #30 gwardmonger316, Aug 4, 2011
    Well if the aluminum gets burnt and discolored, doesn't that mean it has combusted? Not that I don't believe you. In fact, when my family would go camping, we would wrap food in aluminum and throw it on the fire to cook, and the foil never burnt through, but it would get discolored. When I've used foil pipes, the bowl gets dark pretty quick, and I don't think it's resin. What's up with that?

11. why dont you just shove some Reynolds Wrap up your ass and see if it hurts you then. haha

12. You can keep your insults to yourself. I was watching a vid from Woodstock and they were smoking from a tinfoil pipe. Everybody who's anybody has smoked out of a tinfoil pipe, do you see people dieing of tinfoil poisoning? no.

The aliuminum from a can is non-existant, i'd bet my life on it.

13. You don't have to splash out $400 on a vape, or a epic bong.
    Just get a cheap glass pipe, or a nice little bong.

14. Actually aluminum and copper are both safe at the temperatures produced by a standard lighter like a bic. Aluminum soda cans are still horrible for you though, they are painted with heavy metal based paint colorings, which will vaporize, heavy metal poisoning causes psychoses and kidney failure. Not to mention they line the cans with a spray on urethane/plastic coating to prevent off tasting beverages. An aluminum pipe would be fine however, the discoloration is aluminum oxide which you get more of everyday if you use deodorant, as well as the fact that it melts at about 8000 degrees fahrenheit. The black soot is pure carbon which is pretty harmless. Copper won't really affect you at all.

15. honestly, just spend $20 max and you'll have yourself a nice glass pipe to smoke off of. It's a ONE TIME PURCHASE. Why endanger your own life with cans/bottles/aluminium? If you can afford weed, then you can afford a pipe, simple as that. It's cuz we care and want to educate fellow tokers.:hello:

16. Na the only people I know of that smoke out of aluminum are either addicted to oc's or they are a 12 year old kid who just scored his first dimebag. Deff not "anybody who's anybody". Lol

17. I cig onie for 2.88 at my LHS, that should cost more then your weed. I also got a couple decent glass bowls for 5$ on was 5 inches long and was pretty think surprisingly

18. #38 percul8r615, Aug 6, 2011
    But he's mcguyver don't you know. Ha has to make it and foils the only thing his mom buys him. lmao

19. Lol i bought myself a custom glass bowl from my buddy, its pink floyd dark side of the moon themed. has the triangle on front and colors everywhere. i couldn't resist :D

20. #40 percul8r615, Aug 6, 2011
    That a boy. Haha smoke a bowl for me g