Are these seed pods?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Bellybigbuds, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Hello, I have this girl that I sprayed down with Csilver and I am not sure if these are seed pods. She had an infestation of spider mites that I've been trying to correct. Do you think these are seed pods or pollen sacs? This is a branch that had 1/2 pollen sacs and 1/2 pistils but nowpistils are mostly gone and this is left. Screenshot_20220615-182825_Gallery.jpg 20220611_231251.jpg 20220612_203334.jpg

2. Looks like seed pods to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you. I hope so.

• Like Like x 1
  4. As mick foster has said its seeded buds...mac

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pollen sack
    Open male sacs.JPG

Female flowers
    IMG_0144.JPG

Anatomy of a female
    female parts..jpg
    Pre-Flowering-Female-Marijuana.jpg

The part of the plant that is primarily consumed is the female flower. The female flower is essentially a bunch of "seed pods" in a cluster. Its just a matter of whether or not they have been pollinated that determines whether or not it will produce a seed. Sounds like your doing an open pollination indoors which is strongly recommended against. You will have pollen floating around for years to come. Extensive cleaning will help but most people producing seeds treat pollen like its anthrax. Usually you would cut off a branch that you have treated with CS when it looks like the pollen sacks are about to open, put it in a bag, let it dump pollen, and carefully collect that pollen and carefully pollinate a couple branches of a plant.

• Like Like x 1
  6. T
    Thanks, I am in a 2x2 grow tent and will clean up after this run. I'm thankful for you very educational comment but I am not sure if you understood the question. Does it look like the bud in the picture is a pollented bud that is growing seeds in your opinion or if it looks like they are just pollen sacks growing out of a female bud. As she has been sprayed with colodial silver. I can see some pollen sacks and some sacks that I was not sure look like seeds growing within. Thanks

7. They.are.seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you

9. Yeah it looks like theres seeds popping out in one picture.