Are these ruderalis?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jaztayl656, Oct 7, 2017.

?

Are these ruderalis?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ive been growing for awhile and noticed I have a weed plant I am unsure of.
    Upon research I have came up with the name ruderalis, and it grows in the same manner.
    Can anybody confirm this for me?

Attached Files:

2. Do ruderalis grow wild where you live? If not, then it's very unlikely.

3. I'm not sure, but I planted them myself of that matters.
    I also love on Tennessee

4. Cannabis ruderalis is native to Central and eastern Europe and Russia.

Therefore not very likely you will have volunteer ruderalis plants popping up in your garden.

More likely to have wild hemp (aka ditch weed) growing in your area.

5. They are ruderalis. from the leaf structure and growth rate, I was told it is a hybrid strain which auto flowers and matures fast just within 3 months. They also have a very strong sour smell, like that of sour diesel. Sour diesel is also a hybrid, so I'm hoping I planted just that. They also can survive autumn and winter. I planted them about 2 weeks ago

Attached Files:

6. If you planted an auto-flower, then yes it's a hybrid ruderalis.

The way you described what was going on made it sound like these plants were coming up on their own.

Auto-flower tend to be smaller and yes they do handle the cold temperatures better than photoperiod plants. As far as leaf structure and smell, I have never seen anything that says this plant is auto. In other words, you can't tell by smell or leaf structure. They all pretty much look and smell the same.

7. Auto flowers are auto flowers because of their ruderalis DNA. Ruderalis alone is pretty much worthless compared to indica and sativa, but it's auto-photo period and resistance to cold make it a convenient growers choice when spliced with other strains of more potent and higher yielding weed.

8. Incorrect mr. Fooey. They don't all look or smell the same. I think you should do further research and readings on weed plants. Sativa has skinny leaves and more of them. Indica is a bushier plant with thicker leaves. Ruderalis just grow different in general. The pic with the blue background was my first indoor plant

Attached Files:

9. I'm sure he understands that. I think what he meant is with the pictures you've shared of your plant, there is no difference in smell or leaf structure. At its current stage in life it doesn't even look like weed. Growth yes, but he didn't disagree with you on that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Do you know what they are?

11. What exactly are you asking me? What ruderalis is?

12. They are 3 week old. From the structure of them, can you tell e if they are indica, sativa, or a hybrid/ruderalis strain? I can post more pictures

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. It mostly just looks like a young weed plant to me. The leaves look a bit fat and wide, so I would say indica dominant.

14. #14 MrFooey, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Here's the thing, I've never grown an auto-flower in my life.
    I have seen literally thousands of them though as I work in the cannabis growing industry in California.
    You can't tell them from a photo-period plant by smell, leaf structure or any other way except when they are flowering under what is usually vegetative growth light schedule. Other than the fact that they are smaller than a photo-period plant.

You've got a couple plant grows under your belt. I have 35 years of grow experience under mine. I don't know where your seed came from but in my experience auto-flower seeds are a bit more expensive and you have to buy them from reputable breeders or there's no telling what you'll end up with. Also most auto-flower are feminized.

Did you buy those seeds or are they bag seed?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I don't think there's enough info to determine if it's ruderalis or not.

16. Ha! Probably just going to turn out male anyway!

Sent from the toilet