are these ready to harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xcaret, Apr 24, 2011.

1. #1 xcaret, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
    I'm a first timer ,I read about trhis in a book by Mel Frank its an old one from the 80's, I'm a tad confused about if I should harvest now.. The trichomes look amber from a distance but real close ther are more clear , I dont see any big mushroom heads like it says I will. Also the top stigmas are still white ,but the lower ones are rusty colored .These buds are about 4 inches ,maybe 5 inches highj ,is that all I should expect from northerwidow under florescents?
    I'm going to attach 2 phots pic 004 is from a plant that had better lighting and way more buds filling out . The other was under one florescent grow light ( 2 x4' tubes) instead of like the other pic that was under 4x4' small size florescents ,not grow lights ,but 2 warm and 2 cool ,they said it would be as good and cheaper..
    Should I trim some large leaves away so more nutrients get to the buds ? ...Oh yeah 2 days ago I added a 2x4' florescent to the grow light I have ,so both plants now have 4 bulbs each.. I didnt take a photo of my third plant but its like the pic of 001

Attached Files:

2. Thanks , I'll save these pics to compare with a few weeks down the road..

3. I'd check back in here in two weeks with fresh pictures. :)

4. I don't know bout 2 weeks but I'd def wait a min. Looks like low lighting is affecting chunky nuggy ------