Are these ready to cut for clones?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DJ Mem3, Jan 10, 2016.

1. These both got fimmed, was wondering if they were good enough to cut off a top to clone?

Attached Files:

2. i wasn't going to be the first to respond because clones arent my thing ...

... but i'd want four more nodes or so on those before i cut off a good healthy clone. that's just by feel, i'm not a scientist on this stuff, but i saw this was unanswered all day so here goes : /

3. Thanks for the input, it's first time actually trying to do cloning with some mini grow box plants. They been lst and got fimmed.

4. if i know i'm taking clones i move my light back to let the nodes stretch a little... again i'm not the best expert, but i'm online now ! and no one else is.

5. You need to fix what appears to be a pretty bad nitrogen deficiency, especially before taking clones. They're very yellow. Since the clones won't have roots it will be living off what's in the leaves. I wouldn't take clones from a plant that small or unhealthy. For the best chance of a clone to survive it needs to come from a healthy vigorous mother.

6. You want at the very least, with any plant really, 4-5 nodes before you start any cloning. While you could technically still clone that little guy, it is going to stress over 1/4 of it's body being cut off at such a finicky time in it's life

7. All you need to create a clone is a length of stem and a fan.. 8 or more are possible from this branch..
    [​IMG]
    I usually do a 3 finger length of stem and a fan trimmed down to my thumb size
    [​IMG]
    Pack the wet rock wool tightly enough you can lift the cutting and not have the cube fall off.. I screwed a few before I understood that step..
    [​IMG]
    Dome and a seedling heat mat on a thermostat is what it took for me to finally have dependable clone production..
    [​IMG]
    BNW