Are these preflowers?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HookC54, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Week 8 of veg in my grow and they are still under 24 hour light so Im just wondering if these are preflowers or Somethin else.

Attached Files:

2. All I can see are the 'spikes' ...look behind the spikes for the preflowers...they'll form at around the 7th or 8th node between the 'spike' and the new off shoot of growth.

Looks like they could use a little more food too.

3. Okay thanks for the help. Here are some more pics of them.

Attached Files:

4. Not preflowers...... But ummm.... You said 8 weeks of veg?!?!? You need more light bro. I have 3 26 watt, 1 32 watt, and 2 55 watt cfls. And at 5 weeks, after a week of recovering from near death mine were 2-3 times bigger (bushy, not tall).

5. Well they're not tall because I defoliated them and topped them. They were sick like 2 weeks ago and I got new soil and nutrients and now they're starting to get back up to speed. Other than that, do they look healthy? Btw I'm using a 4 foot 4 bulb t5 fixture with two 3000k bulbs and two 6500k. I also have a single 24w t5 for some added side lighting. About 22,000 lumens total

6. the redness I see in the stems is usually a sign of stress or lack of nutes. Keep an eye on new growth, it should have nice green healthy stems and new growth shouldn't be twisted or droopy. Make sure you're also going though wet/dry cycles rather then trying to keep it moist all the time.

7. Okay thanks alot. How much longer do you think i should veg them before switching to 12/12?

8. It depends on how big you want them to get. They usually double, to triple in size after switching, so remember to compenstate for that.... If your asking if they can be flowered now, then yes.

9. Okay we'll I have 5 of them and they're all around the same size. I wanna get a decent yield but I don't want my growing space to be crowded. If i let them veg for another 2-3 weeks then switch to 12/12 how much bud do you think I could get per plant?

10. Impossible to say, it depends on a lot of factors. Like how well you take care of them, what your environment is like, how much light they receive.... But judging by the droopiness in the pics they need water.