are these preflower females?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dude1, Mar 20, 2010.

1. #1 dude1, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010
    been 12/12 from seed. reasons to why i think they're female is because that the produced nodes right next to it are like teh same age has those pointy things. maybe? maybe not?

[​IMG]

2. That is not showing sex yet.

3. Those are lateral branches. Your plant wont show sex organs until its mature in a 18/6 light cycle or a 12/12 one at any stage. Since you've done 12/12 from seed, your plant will still need time to produce those branches (bud sites my man) before it can start poppin flowers. Look for 2 white pistils coming out of a protrusion around that area to show you your first indication of sex tho.

Id guess your plants are a couple weeks old and maybe a foot high?

4. The first sign of female sex will look like this.

[​IMG]
    It's blurry, but see the little nub with the hair coming out of it.

And then in a few days it will look more like this.

[​IMG]
    Little white hairs popping out all over the place.

I had a hard time figuring out what I was looking for too.

5. haha, hate to jack your thread man
    but i was wondering if you guys think my plant is flowering yet either?
    it's in the 2nd week of flowering
    thought these looked hairy :D
    [​IMG]

6. Im not sure if you are being sarcastic or not here, lol... but yes, that is a female...

7. 100% Thats Female... Kind of thinking that was a joke too

8. Really? thanks, that's awesome man
    first time grower here so i've been clueless and excited as all this shit's happening
    that's kickass though, can't wait :D
    +rep man

9. Yep you are good sit back and enjoy watching them plump up like a depressed freshman.

10. not always if it shows a nub with hairs comin out of it, means its a female. It could always be a male and just look like thats. Its happended to be several times. You'll most likely be able to tell when you see the seed looking sack open and then have 2 hairs coming out...