Are these plants doomed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ShrubsNdubs420, Sep 15, 2015.

1. #1 ShrubsNdubs420, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    These northern light autos came out of the soil almost 2 weeks ago and the leaves on these seem to be curling and turning slightly yellow. Any ideas on the problem? My soil is dr.earth garden soil mixed with 30% perlite. Temps usually range from 81 to 64 degrees farenhite. I watered once before I placed my germinated seeds in, again yesterday and ph'ed the water to roughly 6.5. That is all I have done so far. Any diagnosis blades?

Attached Files:

2. They need feed really bad

3. And soil looks a lil dry to me.

4. Its that soil. I used it in a pinch and it killed 3 out of 4 sprouts.
    Its the worst. BUT i love the 555 fert

5. What wattage is that light?
    What distance do you have it?

Do you have any more info on that soil?
    Have you been watering it?
    The plant looks oxygen starved so over watering or possibly over dosed with nutrients

6. the light is a 300 watt (178 actual wattage) and ihavent added any other nurients. It looked like that before i watered the other day.http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/mobile_product_i...
    That link has the soil i used. My other 3 seem to be doing fine with it so far. On a 18/6 light cycle.

7. I do not think they are doomed yet. Your medium does look like its got lots of perlite in it.

8. you didn't answer all my questions.
    A plant that small in that size pot shouldn't need watering at all. If the top is damp then the bottom is wet and roots can't grow in wet soil.

Those 300w lights are very powerful for a little seedling. I have a couple myself and I would have it at the very least 3 feet from a new seedling. If you have it closer than that it could fry it

9. I will try moving the light up. And what else did I not tell you?

10. the distance between the light and plants

11. ah well I moved it up and it's about 3 feet away so hopefully I'll see some improvement.

12. what was it before? I'm trying to figure out the cause of your problem. To do that I need information to rule certain things out, leaving the most probable cause

13. roughly 2 feet. Give or take a few inches.

14. in that case I'd go with watering too often. It's unlikely the light doing it at 2 feet

15. Is one a week too much at this stage?

*one watering

16. those plants are so tiny and those pots are so big, that you might not need to water until they are a few inches tall.
    Roots can't grow in soggy soil so let it dry out so the roots can go deeper.
    How much water to use and how long between waterings is dependent on many factors that I can't measure so you have to judge for yourself. But let the soil dry properly between waterings. Your pots are huge so you may not need to water for weeks, or at least until growth really takes off

17. Thanks for the tips man. I forgot to say they are 2 gallon pots.

18. they are starting to look a little better. Sorry my camera sucks. The bottom leaves still look pretty beat up but they are starting their second set and they are looking green and health so far.

19. here they are

Attached Files:

20. so today would normally be the day I water but I'm going to wait a few more days.the soil is still a tad bit moist about 1.5 inches down. The rest above seems dry as a bone. The tips of the new leaves are starting to get brownd and or yellow at the tips so that worry a me.